1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why somebody born to succeed?

1. Oct 16, 2012 #1
    Hey guys, I am an undergraduate student and planning to apply for a Ph.D program in Physics. From the previous posts in this forum, all you cares about are top 20 or even top 10. However, what I could possibly think of are some 50 ranking schools. I have been trying to qualify myself in GPA, in standard language proficiency, and everything else. I could not say no effort is spared, but I have really tried. However, all I have achieved after devotions and time, seem so easy for you.

I don't know whether this relates to fairness, or just education background variation. What I could figure is that if at this time I could barely catch up with others, years later the gap is to be tremendous. I am not here to complain, nor does it gonna help. Friends, I just hope that you could possibly write some details of your life if you have finished or just begun your Ph.d programs in Physics. I would really appreciate it.

I am still applying, although what would happen after all of these is unknown.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2012 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

It only seems that way ;) But you are right, it is less difficult for some people for many reasons and some of them are unfair and circumstantial.

It may well be that you will be happier pursuing a technical career outside academia... just to be in a position to apply for PhD programs is a huge acheivement: you are not a failure and there is life outside of college.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook