1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why Supernatural

1. Dec 26, 2004 #1
    Somewhere in this area of the forum , someone asked why do you have to believe in the super-natural -- why not just accept nature.
    That person has never had to confront Nature in it's precise form -
    never been in a Tornado , swept out to sea in a Tsunami -- never buried in an earthquake -- never experienced the 'cold' of space -- the frying heat of the naked sun --- never been alone spinnining at 1rev per millisec in the depths of space -- Nature ???????? IT will squash you in a micrsec why would you so easilly make it your friend -- you think it cares about you?????
    WE believe in something BETTER than this --- because we are puny and not in control -- and in this sense super natural means -- above the Nature we see.
    This is not a matter of religion -- it comes from living in trees and caves , being food for other animals in a literal life and death competition to survive
    except that we are blessed (or cursed ) with imagination and can see that this carnage -- is but one way -- maybe there is better.
    From our view Naturally.
    Ray

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2004 #2
    UHHHHH???? How can one propose the "Super-Natural" when one does not even understand the "Natural"? It seems quite "naturally" that it is a "super-fluous" conjecture based on fantasy and makes a great sales pitch that appeals to our fear of "nature"!

4. Dec 27, 2004 #3
    I did not quite say that -- I said transcends the nature that we see -- I put no limits on nature per se. Ray.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?