Why the hate on George W. Bush?

• News
  • Thread starter epkid08
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the decisions made by President George W. Bush during his presidency, particularly in response to the 9/11 attacks and the war in Iraq. Some people believe that Bush did the right thing in pursuing those involved with terrorism, while others criticize his actions and believe that the war in Iraq was unnecessary. The conversation also touches on the issue of US support for Israel and how it may have played a role in the 9/11 attacks. Overall, opinions are divided on Bush's presidency and his decisions as president.
mheslep said:
I only mentioned this to point out the flaw in Herotodus statement
I guess I missed that. But having read it now, I can't say I follow the reasoning behind that part of hero's post.

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone who still has the cojones to try to defend gw has my respect. hopeless, but admirable, at least in kind of a clueless way.

mathwonk said:
anyone who still has the cojones to try to defend gw has my respect. hopeless, but admirable, at least in kind of a clueless way.

If the internet has taught me anything, it's that no matter how indefensible a given position is, you will find an army of people who's life goal is to defend it.

Just look at that Batman = Bush article. There are people who seriously believe that.

WarPhalange said:
If the internet has taught me anything, it's that no matter how indefensible a given position is, you will find an army of people who's life goal is to defend it.
One of the army: http://xkcd.com/386/ :biggrin:

No, not even that. You can make any kind of baseless argument you want, set up a message board for it, and you'll find idiots just flooding into help your cause.

mathwonk said:

<---- still defends George Bush (not that I agree with him in everything he's done, but every President has made mistakes).

George Bush's biggest mistake was not forcing his wife to abort their son, George W. Bush.

WarPhalange said:
George Bush's biggest mistake was not forcing his wife to abort their son, George W. Bush.
Then you could help give the answer to the OP over on this thread:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=241143"
Or any other opposition politician for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, any other politician responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, the dislocation of millions, the complete corruption of the nation's institution of justice and the disregard of the nation's most valued source of individual rights and laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
Yes, any other politician responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, the dislocation of millions, the complete corruption of the nation's institution of justice and the disregard of the nation's most valued source of individual rights and laws.
No, any, period. Hate and vitriol are not so easily contained.

russ_watters said:
Israel's attack on the Isirak reactor complex in Iraq in the early 80s was the right thing to do. If Iran continues to violate the NPT and a few years down the road gets close to having a nuclear bomb, taking it out will be the right thing to do.

How is Iran in violation of the nuclear NPT?

Nevertheless, the United States violates the NPT.. So a foreign power demolishing the United State's nuclear facilities would be the right thing to do, right?!?

epkid08 said:
What would you have done if you were the president of the U.S. during 9/11?

For starters, I wouldn't sit there picking my nose and doing nothing for ten minutes after being informed of a national security crisis in which terrorist attacks were unfolding in real time.

C Rob said:
Whatever you want to say about oil, Saddam killed hundreds of thousands in horrendous atrocities.

The United States killed hundreds of thousands in horrendous atrocities.

Mental Gridlock said:
How is Iran in violation of the nuclear NPT?
See the recent thread on the subject: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=247063
Nevertheless, the United States violates the NPT.. So a foreign power demolishing the United State's nuclear facilities would be the right thing to do, right?!?
Lol, you don't know why Iran would be in violation, but you know the US is? Clearly, you don't know what the NPT says. Here's the Wik on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_Non-Proliferation_Treaty

No, the US is not in violation. And btw, these aren't laypersons' opinions. The UN body tasked to police it (the IAEA) continuously reports on Iran's status (it's all in the thread).

Mental Gridlock said:
What is your point?

We went after the guy for things we are guilty of as well. Hypocritical, you know?

Mental Gridlock said:

This is inaccurate. the US has killed MILLIONS in its horrendous atrocities. Vietnam, about 3 million. About 2-3 million alone ended up being murdered or starved to death in the brutal "third world" wars of Ronald Reagan alone, through his support of dictators like Ríos Montt and so on.

The number is between 10 to 20 million killed.

Certainly, the US has caused more damages in areas such as Indochina than Saddam ever caused in the Middle East, so it's a bit hypocritical to be over there for "human rights concerns," it's Hitler's claims of the out of control Polish.

This is so off topic there is no hope.

So, we're blaming George W Bush for Vietnam now? Or did people forget what the thread title was?