Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why they often consider zero mass limit when considering mass evolution(renormaliztn)

1. Aug 29, 2011 #1
    Please teach me this:
    Why some books only consider zero mass limit when they consider the renormalization group.I have been wondered this because the mass parameter multiplying with relevent operator,it become growth when momentum grows.
    Thank you very much in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2011 #2
    Re: Why they often consider zero mass limit when considering mass evolution(renormali

It seem that in high energy physics,we can consider the mass of particle is small.But how about the other physics?

4. Sep 5, 2011 #3
    Re: Why they often consider zero mass limit when considering mass evolution(renormali

''Zero mass limit'' I mean that we could use perturbative theory with mass parameter.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook