Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complaint Why was my post deleted?

1. Jul 30, 2010 #1
    I recently posted in Russ's thread about the US military attack video released on Wikileaks. Within minutes of posting it was deleted and I received an infraction from Evo for "off topic/trolling" with no further explanation. Russ claimed that people hold a double standard for the US military and the insurgents and I simply stated that the situation is not symmetrical since the US invaded Iraq and not vice versa. I replied to Evo asking her to explain in what way the post was off topic or irrelevant and did not receive a reply.

As far as I can tell, the decision was a knee-jerk reaction to something which Evo found offensive (especially since it was deleted so quickly). The justification of "off topic/trolling" is so flimsy I really want a better answer.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2010 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

If you want a more detailed explanation, you should PM Evo about it. We don't discuss specifics of moderation decisions in the public forums.

4. Jul 30, 2010 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Your post was about the 9/11 attack and had nothing to do with the topic.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook