Wife in the labor room

• Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date
fuzzyfelt
Gold Member

Congratulations to Jobyts and her Mum, and good wishes for Trisha!!

Thank you all for the well wishes...
just realized that there are almost 4 pages of well wishes from all of you and I didn't thank anyone back :( Too bad from my side. Looks like my brain needs more than 5 hours of sleep every night.

My older one is 6 years and she is the most excited about the baby. But yesterday, she spontaneously started crying loud for about a minute, saying now everyone is talking only about the baby. So we are handling some of the sibling issues too.

Yes that's a serious issue, at age six it's hard to understand why the little one gets all the presents. It may help if she gets Most Important Jobs (MIJ) about taking care of the baby. For instance:

2hcmc8o.jpg

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Ah, yes, it's tough on siblings when a new baby arrives. While Mommy rests and takes care of baby, some special "Daddy time" or "Grandma and Grandpa time," if the grandparents are still around, for the 6 year old can go a long way toward easing that transition. It can be as simple as taking her with you to do some grocery shopping, and sneaking in an extra candy treat that mommy might not usually allow, or stopping for ice cream cones on the way home, or buying a new coloring book and box of crayons as a "thank you" for being a good helper at home.

mheslep
Gold Member

My older one is 6 years and she is the most excited about the baby. But yesterday, she spontaneously started crying loud for about a minute, saying now everyone is talking only about the baby. So we are handling some of the sibling issues too.
Yes that's a serious issue, at age six it's hard to understand why the little one gets all the presents. It may help if she gets Most Important Jobs (MIJ) about taking care of the baby. ...
Hearing all the tales of woe about jealous older siblings and infants, when my Mrs delivered the 2nd time, she wisely packed presents along to the hospital for our 4 year old. It paid off hugely I believe.