Wife in Labor Room: Delivering Baby

• Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date
In summary: So, in summary, the conversation involved a group of users congratulating a user named Jobyts on the birth of his daughter. There was discussion about names, with Jimmy and Michael being suggested, and Trisha ultimately being chosen. There were also various jokes and well wishes shared throughout the conversation.

jobyts said:
Here's couple of pictures the hospital photographer took. (so it doesn't qualify for the "Make me smile" contest :mad:)

Trisha, with her mom...
http://img200.imageshack.us/i/trisha5.jpg/

Trisha, on the safest place on earth, her dad's palm.
[PLAIN]http://img200.imageshack.us/i/trisha7.jpg[/QUOTE][/URL]

Hmm...I don't see any pictures, and if I stick the link straight into the browser, get a 404 error. Guess I'll have to wait for the new dad to get a little more sleep before he tries again. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I had to go to the URL to see them. She's absolutely beautiful...love the shot of her in your palm! A big congrats to you and your wife!

jimmysnyder said:
Trisha is a shortened form of Patricia and derives from the same Latin word as patrician, or noble. More than likely she will live up to this name and win a Nobel.

We had to rule out the Nobel prize for Peace, after seeing her sleep pattern yesterday night :grumpy:

dlgoff said:
Congratulations jobyts. Get ready for the best time of your life.
And the worst? :blushing:

Congratulations pops.

Andre said:
Congrats Jobyts,

hope all is well. I bet her middle name is Hypevomoonlistsumath

In fact, that idea came to my mind for a second :smile:, but didn't dare to ask my wife's opinion. My wife is not much of a physics enthusiast, so she's not aware of all the top female names in the modern physics world :smile:

jobyts said:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1736/trisha7.jpg
[/URL]

she's so cute, congrats

Last edited by a moderator:

drizzle said:
she's so cute, congrats

Mom's not so bad either. Such a peaceful shot.
(Not that I'm particularly into peaceful things, but I'll make an exception in this case...)

Well done!

Danger said:
Mom's not so bad either. Such a peaceful shot.

you mean it express the essence of secure, calm and beauty, it’s sure a nice one. I just like the other cause it shows how little she is :smile:

drizzle said:
you mean it express the essence of secure, calm and beauty, it’s sure a nice one. I just like the other cause it shows how little she is :smile:

You are an astute fellow; yes, that's what I meant.

Bye the way, I don't like it when people understand me. :grumpy:

:biggrin:

Congrats :smile:

Andre said:
Hope for the best and don't worry everything goes fine almost always.

Almost always, you say?

(There's really nothing to worry about, of course; I'm just having fun.:devil:)

Congratulations to you and your wife, jobyts. Well done.

Ditto Jobyts, have a very happy time.

Congratulations to Jobyts and her Mum, and good wishes for Trisha!

Thank you all for the well wishes...
just realized that there are almost 4 pages of well wishes from all of you and I didn't thank anyone back :( Too bad from my side. Looks like my brain needs more than 5 hours of sleep every night.

My older one is 6 years and she is the most excited about the baby. But yesterday, she spontaneously started crying loud for about a minute, saying now everyone is talking only about the baby. So we are handling some of the sibling issues too.

Yes that's a serious issue, at age six it's hard to understand why the little one gets all the presents. It may help if she gets Most Important Jobs (MIJ) about taking care of the baby. For instance:

2hcmc8o.jpg

Ah, yes, it's tough on siblings when a new baby arrives. While Mommy rests and takes care of baby, some special "Daddy time" or "Grandma and Grandpa time," if the grandparents are still around, for the 6 year old can go a long way toward easing that transition. It can be as simple as taking her with you to do some grocery shopping, and sneaking in an extra candy treat that mommy might not usually allow, or stopping for ice cream cones on the way home, or buying a new coloring book and box of crayons as a "thank you" for being a good helper at home.

jobyts said:
My older one is 6 years and she is the most excited about the baby. But yesterday, she spontaneously started crying loud for about a minute, saying now everyone is talking only about the baby. So we are handling some of the sibling issues too.

Andre said:
Yes that's a serious issue, at age six it's hard to understand why the little one gets all the presents. It may help if she gets Most Important Jobs (MIJ) about taking care of the baby. ...
Hearing all the tales of woe about jealous older siblings and infants, when my Mrs delivered the 2nd time, she wisely packed presents along to the hospital for our 4 year old. It paid off hugely I believe.