Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wife or motorbikes ?

1. Apr 12, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I have been agonising over getting a new wife, i surly miss having a female
    around, i joined a dating agency and was gob smacked at how many replies
    i recieved, 22 over one month, i did not fib on my profile, so either these things are not genuine or these people are nuts, i did reply to some, but when things became serious i bugged out, the thing is i have a revived love
    for motorbikes and think an older woman may think me excentric, although
    some of my replies came from much younger ladies than me ??? could i have
    both ?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2006 #2
    I fail to see your problem. Younger women, and you keep your motorbike. It's win win.

Edit: Oops. No, no motorbikes for you. I'm afraid youll just have to get rid of it. Oh what shall you do with it? What's that, your going to give your bike to me? Thanks, pal.

4. Apr 12, 2006 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Well, i would give up my bike, :cry: for the right lady, sorry, cryusabdollahi,
    you do not fit the bill :smile:

5. Apr 12, 2006 #4
    Well wolram, I got re-married and didn't give up any of my toys. In fact we play together! If he had asked me to give up anything, I'm very sure I would not of married him.

6. Apr 12, 2006 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Motorbikes are dangerous. Well, a new wife can be dangerous, too, especially if she's an inexperienced cook, so maybe it's a toss up.

Maybe motorbikes are better. At least they're a lot of fun. Of course, a new wife is kind of fun, too.

But then, your new motorbike will eventually be an old motorbike that requires lots of attention and maintenance. Of course, an new wife eventually gets over the honeymoon stage and wants you to take out the trash, paint the house. In fact, a new wife eventually gets older and starts needing more maintenance - hip replacements, etc.

Meh, I'd go for the Red Rider bee-bee gun. It's sure to be safer and require less maintenance than either of the other two.

7. Apr 12, 2006 #6

But you'll shoot your eye out!

I couldn't resist.

8. Apr 12, 2006 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Life is too short to give up things you love. Strive to find a new lady that you can love, and who will understand (and maybe even share) your love of motorcycles. Ride safely, and watch out for the cages.

9. Apr 12, 2006 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Still less damage than you can sustain on a motorbike or with a new wife - especially if your new wife is named Lorena Bobbit.

10. Apr 12, 2006 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Thanks Bob G, you are as bad as cyrusabdollahi, as usefull as a chocolate
    fire guard :smile:
    Thanks Hypatia, i think i will try again, and put in my profile, (must like MBs)
    i guess one can only wish.

11. Apr 12, 2006 #10

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wouldn't a chocolate fire guard melt in the event of a fire? :confused:

Heeey!! Wait a minute, that wasn't a compliment!!!! :grumpy:

12. Apr 12, 2006 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here comes the bride:

[​IMG]

13. Apr 12, 2006 #12

wolram

Gold Member

Wow, MIH, she is a cracker, i think i would fall in love if she could change
    a spark plug. :!!)

14. Apr 12, 2006 #13
    Wolram, my dad was a motorcycle freak and had an extremely long, happy second marriage, skillfully integrating his love of the two wheeled vehicle into the marriage such that cycles weren't something that separated them but which brought them together. In a nutshell: the bike was never something he used as an escape from her, or a rival to her. His attitude was more something like: "You have to try this with me. You're going to love it! We'll have so much fun together!" I don't think it occured to him not to include her in the fun he had with his bike, and cause he loved her he wanted her to know and understand what his interest was all about. He always deliberated hard on his purchases, explained and justified everything to her so there was no sense he was throwing money away on "toys". He never went anywhere without her on the back of the cycle, then he taught her how to drive, and eventually bought her one of her own, and they tooled around town together everyday after work, a kind of gang of two.

So, instead of advertizing yourself as a guy who has this "eccentric" love of motorcycles they'd have to put up with, the message you might want to put out is "If I like you well enough I'll bring you in to the coolest, most fun pastime there is."

15. Apr 12, 2006 #14
  16. Apr 13, 2006 #15

wolram

Gold Member

What a great idea Zooby, thanks :biggrin:

17. Apr 13, 2006 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?