Wife or Motorbikes? Making a Decision

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Wolram, my dad was a motorcycle freak and had an extremely long, happy second marriage, skillfully integrating his love of the two wheeled vehicle into the marriage such that cycles weren't something that separated them but which brought them together. In a nutshell: the bike was never something he used as an escape from her, or a rival to her. His attitude was more something like: "You have to try this with me. You're going to love it! We'll have so much fun together!" I don't think it occurred to him not...to like it.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have been agonising over getting a new wife, i surly miss having a female
around, i joined a dating agency and was gob smacked at how many replies
i recieved, 22 over one month, i did not fib on my profile, so either these things are not genuine or these people are nuts, i did reply to some, but when things became serious i bugged out, the thing is i have a revived love
for motorbikes and think an older woman may think me excentric, although
some of my replies came from much younger ladies than me ? could i have
both ?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I fail to see your problem. Younger women, and you keep your motorbike. It's win win.

Edit: Oops. No, no motorbikes for you. I'm afraid youll just have to get rid of it. Oh what shall you do with it? What's that, your going to give your bike to me? Thanks, pal.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I fail to see your problem. Younger women, and you keep your motorbike. It's win win.

Edit: Oops. No, no motorbikes for you. I'm afraid youll just have to get rid of it. Oh what shall you do with it? What's that, your going to give your bike to me? Thanks, pal.

Well, i would give up my bike, :cry: for the right lady, sorry, cryusabdollahi,
you do not fit the bill :smile:

Well wolram, I got re-married and didn't give up any of my toys. In fact we play together! If he had asked me to give up anything, I'm very sure I would not of married him.

Motorbikes are dangerous. Well, a new wife can be dangerous, too, especially if she's an inexperienced cook, so maybe it's a toss up.

Maybe motorbikes are better. At least they're a lot of fun. Of course, a new wife is kind of fun, too.

But then, your new motorbike will eventually be an old motorbike that requires lots of attention and maintenance. Of course, an new wife eventually gets over the honeymoon stage and wants you to take out the trash, paint the house. In fact, a new wife eventually gets older and starts needing more maintenance - hip replacements, etc.

Meh, I'd go for the Red Rider bee-bee gun. It's sure to be safer and require less maintenance than either of the other two.

BobG said:
Motorbikes are dangerous. Well, a new wife can be dangerous, too, especially if she's an inexperienced cook, so maybe it's a toss up.

Maybe motorbikes are better. At least they're a lot of fun. Of course, a new wife is kind of fun, too.

But then, your new motorbike will eventually be an old motorbike that requires lots of attention and maintenance. Of course, an new wife eventually gets over the honeymoon stage and wants you to take out the trash, paint the house. In fact, a new wife eventually gets older and starts needing more maintenance - hip replacements, etc.

Meh, I'd go for the Red Rider bee-bee gun. It's sure to be safer and require less maintenance than either of the other two.

But you'll shoot your eye out!

I couldn't resist.

Life is too short to give up things you love. Strive to find a new lady that you can love, and who will understand (and maybe even share) your love of motorcycles. Ride safely, and watch out for the cages.

franznietzsche said:
But you'll shoot your eye out!

I couldn't resist.
Still less damage than you can sustain on a motorbike or with a new wife - especially if your new wife is named Lorena Bobbit.

Thanks Bob G, you are as bad as cyrusabdollahi, as usefull as a chocolate
fire guard :smile:
Thanks Hypatia, i think i will try again, and put in my profile, (must like MBs)
i guess one can only wish.

wolram said:
Thanks Bob G, you are as bad as cyrusabdollahi, as usefull as a chocolate
fire guard :smile:
Thanks Hypatia, i think i will try again, and put in my profile, (must like MBs)
i guess one can only wish.
Wouldn't a chocolate fire guard melt in the event of a fire? :confused:

Heeey! Wait a minute, that wasn't a compliment! :grumpy:

Here comes the bride:

http://www.sherrispieringsphotography.com/images/photos/bride_harley.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, MIH, she is a cracker, i think i would fall in love if she could change
a spark plug. :!)

Wolram, my dad was a motorcycle freak and had an extremely long, happy second marriage, skillfully integrating his love of the two wheeled vehicle into the marriage such that cycles weren't something that separated them but which brought them together. In a nutshell: the bike was never something he used as an escape from her, or a rival to her. His attitude was more something like: "You have to try this with me. You're going to love it! We'll have so much fun together!" I don't think it occurred to him not to include her in the fun he had with his bike, and cause he loved her he wanted her to know and understand what his interest was all about. He always deliberated hard on his purchases, explained and justified everything to her so there was no sense he was throwing money away on "toys". He never went anywhere without her on the back of the cycle, then he taught her how to drive, and eventually bought her one of her own, and they tooled around town together everyday after work, a kind of gang of two.

So, instead of advertizing yourself as a guy who has this "eccentric" love of motorcycles they'd have to put up with, the message you might want to put out is "If I like you well enough I'll bring you into the coolest, most fun pastime there is."

How about a Donkey?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006150508,00.html

What a great idea Zooby, thanks :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
How about a Donkey?
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006150508,00.html

Nah, i do not fancy Muffin the Mule. :smile:

1. Should I prioritize my wife or my love for motorbikes?

This is a personal decision that depends on your values and priorities. It is important to consider the feelings and needs of both your wife and your love for motorbikes. It may be helpful to communicate openly with your wife and find a compromise that works for both of you.

2. How can I balance my time between my wife and my motorbike hobby?

It is important to create a schedule that allows for quality time with both your wife and your motorbike hobby. This may involve setting aside specific days or times for each, as well as being flexible and understanding if plans need to change. Communication with your wife is key in finding a balance that works for both of you.

3. Is it possible to have a healthy relationship with my wife while also pursuing my passion for motorbikes?

Yes, it is possible to have a healthy relationship with your wife while also pursuing your passion for motorbikes. The key is open and honest communication, understanding and respecting each other's interests, and finding a balance that works for both of you.

4. How can I convince my wife to be more accepting of my love for motorbikes?

Communication and compromise are key in this situation. It is important to understand your wife's concerns and address them respectfully. You can also try involving your wife in your motorbike hobby, such as taking her for a ride or teaching her about the mechanics. This may help her see the positive aspects of your passion.

5. Should I choose between my wife or my motorbike if they are causing conflicts in my marriage?

It is not necessary to choose between your wife and your motorbike. Conflicts in a marriage are normal, and it is important to work through them together. However, if your love for motorbikes is causing significant strain on your relationship, it may be necessary to reevaluate and find a compromise that works for both you and your wife.