Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wikipedians at PF

1. Dec 14, 2005 #1

Mk

How many of you contribute to Wikipedia?

How frequently?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2005 #2
    I only edit the occasional article. Have never authored one wholly.

4. Dec 14, 2005 #3

Cod

I usually edit an article once or twice a month depending on how much I go to the site. Most of the stuff I deal with is motorcycle related though, not science.

5. Dec 14, 2005 #4
    When I first heard anyone could "edit" it, I thought it had to mean subject to the website's moderation. I figured you'd submit a suggested improvement, they'd look it over, and publish it or not. The thought that anyone could just write anything they wanted, unsupervised, seemed pretty ludicrous. Given that that latter turned out to be the actual case, I'm kind of amazed at how much good information it actually does contain.

6. Dec 14, 2005 #5

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Very occationally some edits if come across whatever interesting, 1-2/month.

7. Dec 14, 2005 #6
    I am a wikipedia junkie. I read it all the time and make minor contributions occassionally.

8. Dec 14, 2005 #7
    I did the HCCI article on Wikipedia a few months back. That and a few edits here and there. Thats about it.

9. Dec 14, 2005 #8

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't work for free.

10. Dec 14, 2005 #9
    Whenever I see a typo, I correct it. That's about it though. I probably edit a page every few days and when studying for history or doing a project, I correct tons.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?