Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wilczek's Talk

1. Apr 25, 2005 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Announcement :

Frank Wilczek is giving a talk tonight at the Ohio State University. This will be a great opportunity to attend a not-too-technical talk by a brilliant physicist. So if you happen to be in the Central Ohio region tonight, you might want to come take a look-see.

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/news/news.php3?id=109&showyear=2005

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2005 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

So, was his talk anywhere similar to the two Reference Frame articles he wrote in Physics Today late last year?

Zz.

4. Apr 26, 2005 #3
    I attended one of Professor Wilczek's seminars ("The Universe is a Strange Place") a few weeks ago at the University of South Florida. He did go over the m=E/c^2 thing there, and also covered the topic of Asymptotic Freedom amd some other cosomological items. Really interesting stuff, but I am unfamiliar with the Physics Today article that ZapperZ mentioned.

What was even better was that I was able to speak to such a distinguished person after the seminar. :biggrin:.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?