Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wild Washer, olé olé

1. Apr 22, 2009 #1
    Normally I'm not in a habit to tell about domestic adventures, but this is certainly an exception.

There I was, doing some innocent posting in some forum, when the washer in the adjacent room initiated a first spin-dry round. All of a sudden the friendly humming sound of the drum approaching full spinning speed, turned into a horrible roar and it seemed as if the building was about to collapse in a terrible earthquake.

So I hurried to the washer room to see the washer, with the dryer on his back, had turned wild. It ran towards me, a real wild washer. :surprised :surprised while tossing the dryer off it's back. Rodeo!!

I tried to find the knob to turn it off, but it was way too wild for me to succeed. Finally the fuze blew and the beast came to a slow halt, shortly before it would have overrun me. :yuck:

After cleaning the mess, it turned out that the axis of the drum inside the washer was broken. Certainly a spectacular end of the beast. The other dwellers of the appartment are slowly recovering.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2009 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Washer at Marzena's parent's house broke a toilet back in eighties.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook