1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will a break from Calc hurt me?

1. Jul 13, 2010 #1
    Ok, in about a month I will be a freshman at a small university in South Carolina studying physics. I just got found out that I passed that Calculus I AP test so my next class in college should be Calculus II, but due to some major scheduling issues I will not be able to take Calculus II until the Spring semester and will instead be in Statistics for the fall. Will this break in Calculus put me at a large disadvantage to students who take it one semester after the next?

On a side note, does anyone recommend a Business Administration Minor to go along with my Physics Major? FYI I will already be getting a math minor due to the math classes I already have to take for my major.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2010 #2
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sure, you'll forget some stuff but it'll come back with practice. Just do some self review a bit before the class, and with a little extra studying after the class starts I'm sure you'll be fine.
  4. Jul 13, 2010 #3
    Pick up a problems book and do problems every now and then, it wouldn't hurt to get started on calc2 either.
  5. Jul 14, 2010 #4
    Thanks for your quick replies.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook