Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will a break from Calc hurt me?

1. Jul 13, 2010 #1
    Ok, in about a month I will be a freshman at a small university in South Carolina studying physics. I just got found out that I passed that Calculus I AP test so my next class in college should be Calculus II, but due to some major scheduling issues I will not be able to take Calculus II until the Spring semester and will instead be in Statistics for the fall. Will this break in Calculus put me at a large disadvantage to students who take it one semester after the next?

On a side note, does anyone recommend a Business Administration Minor to go along with my Physics Major? FYI I will already be getting a math minor due to the math classes I already have to take for my major.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2010 #2
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sure, you'll forget some stuff but it'll come back with practice. Just do some self review a bit before the class, and with a little extra studying after the class starts I'm sure you'll be fine.

4. Jul 13, 2010 #3
    Pick up a problems book and do problems every now and then, it wouldn't hurt to get started on calc2 either.

5. Jul 14, 2010 #4
    Thanks for your quick replies.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook