Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will i enjoy physics in future?

1. Jun 28, 2012 #1
    Hello;
    I have enjoyed physics in my school days(during class 11th and 12th).
    Now either i will go to any engineering college or get BS MS dual degree from IISER. Will i able to enjoy physics in colleges too(if i go there)???

Thanks...

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2012 #2
    That's a question no one knows the answer to.

4. Jun 28, 2012 #3

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey vkash.

One question you might want to ask yourself is whether you won't mind spending a lot of your time doing problem sets, learning mathematics (and doing problems), working with computers in different capacities (simulations, models, numerical stuff, etc) amongst lab work.

5. Jun 28, 2012 #4
    Or, just pick up a physics book and see if you'd like doing it. The Berkeley Physics Series are available in India for around Rs500. There's also Classical Mechanics by Kolenkow and Kleppner; another by David Morin, PhD (lol) and yet another by A.P French which are meant to be good.

6. Jun 28, 2012 #5
    How can i tell that will i able to continue with it in future or not.. I didn't know that what is things i have to study in future>>

Answer 1: hmmmmm... i think no.. I won't mind. I can give a long time to solve problems,
    Answer 2: WOW.. its fantastic i can do it, till i understand what is happening.(I am too weak in permutation and probability).
    Answer 3: I can't say anything about it..

So how was it?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook