Will It Blend? Crazy Blender Experiments!

In summary, a conversation about blending various objects such as glow sticks, marbles, fake diamonds, ice, and fish into smoothies was shared, with various links to videos being mentioned. The conversation was filled with laughter and jokes about the strange and funny combinations. One person even shared a video of Conan O'Brian's iPhone commercial. The conversation ended with a mention of a classic Bass O Matic skit from Saturday Night Live.
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl:Yeah, I've seen these before. There are tons of them on YouTube. Pretty funny stuff, though I wouldn't want to drink that GloStick smoothie!:yuck:

This is too funny. Conan O'Brian's iPhone commercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freshly blended fish anyone?

edward said:
Freshly blended fish anyone?

Hilarious! My mom always jokes about making salmon smoothies. My brother hates salmon, and when she talks about it he looks completely ill. :yuck:

Math Is Hard said:
Hilarious! My mom always jokes about making salmon smoothies. My brother hates salmon, and when she talks about it he looks completely ill. :yuck:

Here is the original Bass O Matic done on Saturday Night Live circa 1976.

1. What is "Will It Blend? Crazy Blender Experiments!"?

"Will It Blend? Crazy Blender Experiments!" is a series of videos created by Blendtec, a blender manufacturer, where they test the durability of their blenders by blending various objects and substances that are not typically found in a kitchen.

2. How did "Will It Blend? Crazy Blender Experiments!" start?

The series began in 2006 when Blendtec CEO Tom Dickson wanted to showcase the power and durability of their blenders in an entertaining way. The first video featured him blending a crowbar, and it was an instant hit, leading to the creation of many more videos.

3. What are some of the craziest things that have been blended in "Will It Blend? Crazy Blender Experiments!"?

Some of the most memorable items that have been blended include an iPhone, a can of Coca-Cola, a rake, and even a Justin Bieber CD. The series also includes unique experiments like blending a jar of marbles and a glow stick.

4. Are the items in "Will It Blend? Crazy Blender Experiments!" actually blended?

Yes, all of the items in the series are actually blended using Blendtec blenders. The company takes safety precautions to ensure that no one is harmed during the blending process, and some items are blended in a separate area due to potential hazards.

5. Has Blendtec faced any backlash for the potentially dangerous experiments in "Will It Blend? Crazy Blender Experiments!"?

While there have been some concerns raised about the safety of the experiments, Blendtec has addressed these concerns by taking proper safety measures and ensuring that all safety standards are met. The company also includes a disclaimer at the beginning of each video to not try the experiments at home.