Will someone please translate this to English?

• Thread starter php111
  • Start date
  • Tags
    English
In summary, a person asked for a translation of what they believed to be Italian, but it turned out to be a joke about the "fattest mathematical engineer in the university." The person who posted the original content often makes mistakes in their writing and may have been trying to make a joke about ducks. The conversation then turns to whether or not the language is real and someone provides a link to the original forum post. It is revealed that it was a joke and the person who asked the question may have deserved the teasing.
php111
Hello,

I believe this might be some Italian? Someone posted a reply to me on a another forum and I don't have a clue what it says. I do for a fact it is not Spanish. I know that 100%. My first guess was Spanish so I have asked a friend cause she knows Spanish and she was not sure what it said so it's not Spanish..

"El Grandissimo Engenierio de Mathematico De Universio."

Physics news on Phys.org
Complete guess but: the greatest engineer in the mathematical universe?

I don't speak Italian btw.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Complete guess but: the greatest engineer in the mathematical universe?
I guess... maybe...
I thought that it had something to do with ducks.

Danger said:
I guess... maybe...
I thought that it had something to do with ducks.

Possibly?

I'm not even sure that's a language. Might just be trying to look like one.

matthyaouw said:
I'm not even sure that's a language. Might just be trying to look like one.

That's what someone told me also. She tried to translate it and she told me they either spelled it wrong or miss words or possibly making an ass out of them selfs.

I agree I miss words that where some people ask me is English my first language. It is my first and the only language I know. The reason why I miss words is cause I am in a rush to make a thread or reply to my thread.

I don't think its a language either.

Perhaps if we knew the context, we could have more of a guess. Do you have a link to the other forum?

cristo said:
I don't think its a language either.

Perhaps if we knew the context, we could have more of a guess. Do you have a link to the other forum?

Sure. Here it is:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=156939&goto=newpost

He was pulling your leg. The translation is kind of obvious, no? "The fattest mathematical engineer in the university".

D H said:
He was pulling your leg. The translation is kind of obvious, no? "The fattest mathematical engineer in the university".

They all pull my leg at that place, don't you think so at that thread?

To be blunt, you deserved it. You asked a question that was simultaneously confrontational and nonsensical. Nonetheless, the responses in posts #7-10 are pretty good.

What does "Will someone please translate this to English?" mean?

"Will someone please translate this to English?" is a request for someone to convert a piece of text or speech from a language other than English into English.

Why do people ask for translations to English?

People ask for translations to English for a variety of reasons. Some may need to understand important documents or information in English for work or school purposes. Others may want to communicate with someone who speaks English but not their native language. Additionally, English is a widely spoken language and translations can help reach a larger audience.

Is it important to have accurate translations to English?

Yes, it is important to have accurate translations to English. Translations that are not accurate can lead to misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and confusion. They can also affect the credibility and reliability of the information being translated.

Who can provide translations to English?

Translations to English can be provided by professional translators who are fluent in both the source language and English. There are also online translation tools, but these may not always provide accurate translations and should be used with caution.

How can I ensure the translation to English is accurate?

To ensure the translation to English is accurate, it is important to use a reputable and experienced translator or translation service. It can also be helpful to have someone who is fluent in both languages review the translation for accuracy. Additionally, providing context and any specific requirements for the translation can help ensure its accuracy.