Will the scientific and information revolutions be transcended in our lifetime?

In summary, the conversation discusses the role of scientific and information revolutions in maintaining our current quality of life, and the potential for a shift towards a philosophical paradigm that prioritizes respecting nature and social intellectualism. The concept of social relativism, as well as the creation of non-Euclidean mathematics and quantum logic, are also mentioned.
Loren Booda
Is the Scientific Revolution a given and the Information Revolution essential for maintaining the quality of life and perceived needs we have become used to? Otherwise, might they soon transform their basic principles to a philosophical paradigm more attuned to respecting unspoiled nature and social intellectualism?

Physics news on Phys.org
No. There is not and never has been any unspoiled nature. Nature, like humanity or the individual human being, is a highly nonlinear system far from equilibrium. Always on a one-way trip form this to something else. What do you mean by social intellectualism, if not science?

More accurately "social relativism," a modern movement that seeks to overrule science as subject to the overall culture it occupies. I see it as an invitation to the next, totalitarian dark ages. Such linearity has been shown able to span over a millennium, scores of unenlightened generations.

Bodda

Well you have a nice name !

My answer to you is yes it will be during the next 8 years
by the creation of Non-Euclidian mathematics
which in the next step After Einstein progress in Physics.

Best
Moshek
:smile:

And you have a beautiful avatar (as well as a nice name)!

Didn't Riemann and Lobachevsky develop non-Euclidean mathematics (geometry) in the 19th century, preceding Einstein?

My guess goes with quantum logic as the new math.

Thank you Booda.
This it is a cover of my book for children ,
i wrote some more for adult
2 are about mathematics.

i just look on your web-site it look very nice
I will study it more cerfully thank you.

(I notice already that we were born in the same time )

Now to your question about mathematics:

my answer to you is No !

Non Euclidian mathematic
in not Non Euclidian geometry !

What is quantum logic ?

Moshek
:smile:

1. What do you mean by "transcended" in this context?

In this context, "transcended" refers to the idea that the scientific and information revolutions will be surpassed or replaced by new technologies or discoveries.

2. How likely is it that these revolutions will be transcended in our lifetime?

This is a difficult question to answer definitively, as it depends on various factors such as the rate of technological advancements and the state of scientific research. However, it is possible that certain aspects of these revolutions may be transcended in our lifetime, while others may continue to evolve and shape our world.

3. Can you give some examples of how these revolutions could be transcended?

One potential example is the development of quantum computing, which has the potential to greatly surpass the capabilities of traditional computers in terms of speed and processing power. Additionally, advances in fields such as biotechnology and artificial intelligence could also lead to significant changes in our understanding and use of science and information.

4. What are the potential implications of these revolutions being transcended?

If certain aspects of these revolutions are surpassed, it could lead to major shifts in various industries and fields, as well as changes in the way we live and interact with technology. It could also pose ethical and societal challenges that we may need to address in order to ensure responsible and beneficial use of these advancements.

5. How can we prepare for the possibility of these revolutions being transcended?

As scientists and researchers, we can continue to push the boundaries of our knowledge and explore new frontiers in science and technology. It is also important to have open and ongoing discussions about the potential impacts and ethical considerations of these advancements. As individuals, we can stay informed and adaptable to changes in our rapidly evolving world.