Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Will the scientific and information revolutions be transcended in our lifetime?

1. Apr 3, 2004 #1
    Is the Scientific Revolution a given and the Information Revolution essential for maintaining the quality of life and perceived needs we have become used to? Otherwise, might they soon transform their basic principles to a philosophical paradigm more attuned to respecting unspoiled nature and social intellectualism?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

No. There is not and never has been any unspoiled nature. Nature, like humanity or the individual human being, is a highly nonlinear system far from equilibrium. Always on a one-way trip form this to something else. What do you mean by social intellectualism, if not science?
  4. Apr 3, 2004 #3
    More accurately "social relativism," a modern movement that seeks to overrule science as subject to the overall culture it occupies. I see it as an invitation to the next, totalitarian dark ages. Such linearity has been shown able to span over a millennium, scores of unenlightened generations.
  5. Apr 10, 2004 #4

Well you have a nice name !!!

My answer to you is yes it will be during the next 8 years
    by the creation of Non-Euclidian mathematics
    which in the next step After Einstein progress in Physics.

6. Apr 10, 2004 #5
    And you have a beautiful avatar (as well as a nice name)!

Didn't Riemann and Lobachevsky develop non-Euclidean mathematics (geometry) in the 19th century, preceding Einstein?

My guess goes with quantum logic as the new math.
  7. Apr 10, 2004 #6
    Thank you Booda.
    This it is a cover of my book for children ,
    i wrote some more for adult
    2 are about mathematics.

i just look on your web-site it look very nice
    I will study it more cerfully thank you.

(I notice already that we were born in the same time )

Now to your question about mathematics:

my answer to you is No !

Non Euclidian mathematic
    in not Non Euclidian geometry !

What is quantum logic ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?