Will this be the future game over the Internet ?

In summary: I definitely want to play this game when it's released. I'm surprised no one has done it before. The graphics look really cool. I wonder if you can control the robot with your voice? That would be really cool.
magi
Will this be the future game over the Internet... ?

Hi.

Here is a guy in Australia explaining how it is to remote control a webcam robot in Sweden.

He is controlling it from the other side of the world over the Internet...

http://www.roaringsnake.com/misc/article_tank.htm

http://www.ifun.ru/content/o/Ol2gkzL3Tl.gif

Will this be the future Internet game, to be able to remote control a web camera robot and hunt people with it, on a paintballarena, over the internet?

Regards Magi

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Probably not it still far more satisfying to pull the trigger yourself!

mmm there are more applications to that then just games...but for game id oubt it...i think it'ld be more believe if we could make robots and then do that through robots over the interner like robo soccer.

That little animation is very cool. I wish I knew how to do that. I would hoax films of Zoobie sightings and post them in threads.

zoobyshoe said:
I would hoax films of Zoobie sightings and post them in threads.

I'll remember that. :biggrin:

The animation does look weird. The perspective at least. Looking at the monitor it seems that the arm should be more viewable (or rotated), unless the camera is looking sideways.

Look at the trend, a real star war may break out ;)

lwymarie said:
Look at the trend, a real star war may break out ;)
I think humans can eventually be adapted to the environment of Venus, Mercury, etc.
It is the funniest game in my mind...

I have now got in contact with a company is Sweden that is interested in building a test arena with some laserdom-webcamrobots.

If everything works out all right we will begin build the arena in a month. I guess it will be up and running in 2-3 months if we are lucky...

I have two audio alternatives.
1. Stereosound from stereomicrophone in every webcamrobot. You will with this system be able to hear from where you get an attack.

2. Monosound, two way, so that you can drive up to another webcamrobot and talk with it over the web. But you won't be able to hear from what direction the sound comes from.

What system would you prefer?
I gues the first stereosystem is to consider becouse the ability to talk, pilot to pilot, can be done with skype or ventrilo and so on. And then every one else can't here the discussion.

I will probably get airsoft tanks and mount laserdomweapons on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the future of gaming over the Internet?

The future of gaming over the Internet is bright and constantly evolving. With advancements in technology, it is likely that more games will be played over the Internet in the future. This will allow for more immersive and interactive gaming experiences.

2. How will gaming over the Internet affect traditional gaming methods?

Gaming over the Internet has already had a significant impact on traditional gaming methods. As more and more games are played over the Internet, it is likely that traditional methods such as physical copies of games and gaming consoles will become less popular.

3. Will gaming over the Internet be accessible to everyone?

While there are still some barriers to entry, such as access to high-speed internet, gaming over the Internet is becoming more accessible to a wider range of people. With the rise of mobile gaming and cloud gaming, more and more people will be able to access and enjoy gaming over the Internet.

4. What are the potential risks of gaming over the Internet?

As with any activity over the Internet, there are potential risks associated with gaming over the Internet. These can include cyberbullying, fraud, and exposure to inappropriate content. However, these risks can be mitigated by following best practices for online safety and parental supervision for younger players.

5. How will gaming over the Internet continue to evolve in the future?

Gaming over the Internet will continue to evolve in many ways, including advancements in virtual and augmented reality, increased integration with social media, and more seamless cross-platform play. As technology continues to advance, the possibilities for gaming over the Internet are endless.