1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wimbledon 07

1. Jun 25, 2007 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

As ever, Federer is the overwhelming favourite. I thought he played quite well today. In the Women's draw, I have a feeling Jankovic is going to win it. She played really well in the french till she came up against Justine.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2007 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get the bloody thing off the telly. No Neighbours for a fortnight? Travesty.

4. Jun 25, 2007 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

My thoughts exactly-- I could just about cope with neighbours being reduced to one show per day last week due to "royal ascot"; but now having no neighbours for two weeks-- I might have to get a job! :rolleyes:

5. Jun 25, 2007 #4
    Neighbours - a TV show, I presume? Is it the UK's take on Friends? :biggrin:

6. Jun 25, 2007 #5

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What are you brits doing watching an aussie show, anyway? :tongue:

7. Jun 25, 2007 #6

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's hardly an Aussie show; viewing figures in the UK are at around 4 million at lunchtime and 3.6 million in the evenings, compared to around 1.2 million daily in Australia!

8. Jun 25, 2007 #7

radou

Homework Helper

Go Ljubicic !!!

9. Jun 25, 2007 #8

EL

Science Advisor

Go Bjorkman!...

10. Jun 26, 2007 #9
    Yeah right... :rolleyes:
    Yeah right... :rolleyes:

marlon

11. Jun 26, 2007 #10
    Go Becker! :tongue2:

12. Jun 26, 2007 #11
    That's better, but i am gonno go for Sampras.

marlon

13. Jun 26, 2007 #12
    Actually, there's a B.Becker playing this year - Benjamin Becker. I was surprised to see his name initially, since it was just shown as B.Becker. A quick visit to the 'most reliable' encyclopaedia on the web clarified that he's a relatively new player unrelated to Boris.

14. Jun 26, 2007 #13
    Yeah, i know that guy.

marlon

15. Jun 26, 2007 #14

radou

Homework Helper

Thank god, Ljubicic won against Spadea (finally!), although I've got a bad feeling about his upcoming matches, but what the hell, you never know! Also, congratulations to Nika Ozezogic for a nice win against Anna-Lenu Groenefeld! Full support for Ivo Karlovic tomorrow! May Wimbledon stay flooded with Croats!! :devil: :tongue:

16. Jun 26, 2007 #15
    I hope the gurl wins

17. Jun 26, 2007 #16
    Who saw the nearly-two-hours fifth set between Moya and Henman? I didn't, i.e. not completely...I was able to watch only the last few points.

18. Jun 26, 2007 #17

radou

Homework Helper

I wish I had seen that match, too. Must have been killer.

19. Jun 26, 2007 #18

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I did. Henman must be the most frustating player to watch. He plays some brilliant shots and follows it with absolute shockers.

IMO, the highlight of that set was a service game where Henman serves aces at breakpoint twice, one on second serve!

And go Qureshi!!! Next up is Safin.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  20. Jun 27, 2007 #19
    is anyone here going to Wimbledon...im leaving in 3 days to go to London and France for my 4 weeks of Tennis / Tour de France Holiday... :)

21. Jun 27, 2007 #20
    Yeah the gurl , yeah... :rolleyes:

You certainly seem to know a lot about tennis. Good for YOU !

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?