Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wimbledon 07

1. Jun 25, 2007 #1

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

As ever, Federer is the overwhelming favourite. I thought he played quite well today. In the Women's draw, I have a feeling Jankovic is going to win it. She played really well in the french till she came up against Justine.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2007 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get the bloody thing off the telly. No Neighbours for a fortnight? Travesty.

4. Jun 25, 2007 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

My thoughts exactly-- I could just about cope with neighbours being reduced to one show per day last week due to "royal ascot"; but now having no neighbours for two weeks-- I might have to get a job! :rolleyes:

5. Jun 25, 2007 #4
    Neighbours - a TV show, I presume? Is it the UK's take on Friends? :biggrin:

6. Jun 25, 2007 #5

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What are you brits doing watching an aussie show, anyway? :tongue:

7. Jun 25, 2007 #6

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's hardly an Aussie show; viewing figures in the UK are at around 4 million at lunchtime and 3.6 million in the evenings, compared to around 1.2 million daily in Australia!

8. Jun 25, 2007 #7

radou

Homework Helper

Go Ljubicic !!!

9. Jun 25, 2007 #8

EL

Science Advisor

Go Bjorkman!...

10. Jun 26, 2007 #9
    Yeah right... :rolleyes:
    Yeah right... :rolleyes:

marlon

11. Jun 26, 2007 #10
    Go Becker! :tongue2:

12. Jun 26, 2007 #11
    That's better, but i am gonno go for Sampras.

marlon

13. Jun 26, 2007 #12
    Actually, there's a B.Becker playing this year - Benjamin Becker. I was surprised to see his name initially, since it was just shown as B.Becker. A quick visit to the 'most reliable' encyclopaedia on the web clarified that he's a relatively new player unrelated to Boris.

14. Jun 26, 2007 #13
    Yeah, i know that guy.

marlon

15. Jun 26, 2007 #14

radou

Homework Helper

Thank god, Ljubicic won against Spadea (finally!), although I've got a bad feeling about his upcoming matches, but what the hell, you never know! Also, congratulations to Nika Ozezogic for a nice win against Anna-Lenu Groenefeld! Full support for Ivo Karlovic tomorrow! May Wimbledon stay flooded with Croats!! :devil: :tongue:

16. Jun 26, 2007 #15
    I hope the gurl wins

17. Jun 26, 2007 #16
    Who saw the nearly-two-hours fifth set between Moya and Henman? I didn't, i.e. not completely...I was able to watch only the last few points.

18. Jun 26, 2007 #17

radou

Homework Helper

I wish I had seen that match, too. Must have been killer.

19. Jun 26, 2007 #18

siddharth

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I did. Henman must be the most frustating player to watch. He plays some brilliant shots and follows it with absolute shockers.

IMO, the highlight of that set was a service game where Henman serves aces at breakpoint twice, one on second serve!

And go Qureshi!!! Next up is Safin.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  20. Jun 27, 2007 #19
    is anyone here going to Wimbledon...im leaving in 3 days to go to London and France for my 4 weeks of Tennis / Tour de France Holiday... :)

21. Jun 27, 2007 #20
    Yeah the gurl , yeah... :rolleyes:

You certainly seem to know a lot about tennis. Good for YOU !

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?