Federer & Jankovic: Battle for Grand Slam Victory

• Thread starter siddharth
  • Start date
In summary, Federer played well today, and I'm not sure who will win the Women's draw. I think Jankovic is going to win.
siddharth
Homework Helper
Gold Member
As ever, Federer is the overwhelming favourite. I thought he played quite well today. In the Women's draw, I have a feeling Jankovic is going to win it. She played really well in the french till she came up against Justine.

Physics news on Phys.org
Get the bloody thing off the telly. No Neighbours for a fortnight? Travesty.

brewnog said:

My thoughts exactly-- I could just about cope with neighbours being reduced to one show per day last week due to "royal ascot"; but now having no neighbours for two weeks-- I might have to get a job! :rolleyes:

Neighbours - a TV show, I presume? Is it the UK's take on Friends? :biggrin:

brewnog said:

What are you brits doing watching an aussie show, anyway? :tongue:

It's hardly an Aussie show; viewing figures in the UK are at around 4 million at lunchtime and 3.6 million in the evenings, compared to around 1.2 million daily in Australia!

Go Ljubicic !

Go Bjorkman!...

radou said:
Go Ljubicic !
Yeah right... :rolleyes:
EL said:
Go Bjorkman!...
Yeah right... :rolleyes:

marlon

Go Becker! :tongue2:

neutrino said:
Go Becker! :tongue2:

That's better, but i am gonno go for Sampras.

marlon

marlon said:
That's better, but i am gonno go for Sampras.

marlon
Actually, there's a B.Becker playing this year - Benjamin Becker. I was surprised to see his name initially, since it was just shown as B.Becker. A quick visit to the 'most reliable' encyclopaedia on the web clarified that he's a relatively new player unrelated to Boris.

neutrino said:
Actually, there's a B.Becker playing this year - Benjamin Becker. I was surprised to see his name initially, since it was just shown as B.Becker. A quick visit to the 'most reliable' encyclopaedia on the web clarified that he's a relatively new player unrelated to Boris.

Yeah, i know that guy.

marlon

Thank god, Ljubicic won against Spadea (finally!), although I've got a bad feeling about his upcoming matches, but what the hell, you never know! Also, congratulations to Nika Ozezogic for a nice win against Anna-Lenu Groenefeld! Full support for Ivo Karlovic tomorrow! May Wimbledon stay flooded with Croats! :devil: :tongue:

I hope the gurl wins

Who saw the nearly-two-hours fifth set between Moya and Henman? I didn't, i.e. not completely...I was able to watch only the last few points.

neutrino said:
Who saw the nearly-two-hours fifth set between Moya and Henman? I didn't, i.e. not completely...I was able to watch only the last few points.

I wish I had seen that match, too. Must have been killer.

neutrino said:

I did. Henman must be the most frustating player to watch. He plays some brilliant shots and follows it with absolute shockers.

IMO, the highlight of that set was a service game where Henman serves aces at breakpoint twice, one on second serve!

And go Qureshi! Next up is Safin.

Last edited:
is anyone here going to Wimbledon...im leaving in 3 days to go to London and France for my 4 weeks of Tennis / Tour de France Holiday... :)

Atomos said:
I hope the gurl wins

Yeah the gurl , yeah... :rolleyes:

You certainly seem to know a lot about tennis. Good for YOU !

marlon

Mairon Bartoli beats Justine Henin! I guess this must be the biggest story of this year's tournament. I was able to watch only the final set, with Henin-Hardene running all over the place. I was hoping that it would be a clean-sweep by Bartoli.

Some incredible games today. Gasquet's comeback, Bartoli's upset, Djokovic's five-setter. And when all is said and done, it looks like it will be another Nadal v Federer on Sunday.

Who needs Neighbours when you can have rain lots and lots and lots of rain.

Next time you see someone in some drought ridden country jumping around doing a rain dance give them a ball and a couple of rackets and tell them to chant Wimbledon.

end3r7 said:
And when all is said and done, it looks like it will be another Nadal v Federer on Sunday.
Yes, that seems to be inevitable. But Djokovic appears to be a promising player...the SF with Nadal should be good.

Today's final was fantastic. Venus played amazing, she's a great champion.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Vamos Rafa!

Go Roger! =P

siddharth said:
Today's final was fantastic. Venus played amazing, she's a great champion.
Too one-sided, though. But it's amazing that Venus came through even with the ailment.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Vamos Rafa!
The British GP will suffice me. :approve:

Apart from the rain and the injuries, this Wimbledon has been sensational. But I think it may be time for the ATP to take a second look at the schedule...

Unbelievable final. Amazing game. Come on Rafa, just one more!

It's amazing that Federer is still in the match. Federer may be slightly more skilled, but Rafa has thrice his heart.

Go Federer ! Go for the record !

Federer turning up the HEAT! Match Point!

Five in a row!

Murry And Jankovic Doing Well

1. Who are Federer and Jankovic?

Federer and Jankovic are professional tennis players. Roger Federer is a male tennis player from Switzerland, and Jelena Jankovic is a female tennis player from Serbia.

2. What is the "Battle for Grand Slam Victory"?

The "Battle for Grand Slam Victory" refers to a tennis match between Federer and Jankovic in a Grand Slam tournament. Grand Slam tournaments are the four most prestigious tennis events of the year: the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open.

3. How many Grand Slam titles does Federer have?

Federer has a total of 20 Grand Slam titles, which is the most of any male tennis player in history.

4. How many Grand Slam titles does Jankovic have?

Jankovic has a total of 1 Grand Slam title, which she won at the 2008 US Open.

5. Have Federer and Jankovic ever played against each other in a Grand Slam tournament?

Yes, Federer and Jankovic have played against each other in a Grand Slam tournament. They faced each other in the 2008 US Open semifinals, where Federer won in straight sets.