Find the Perfect Winch: 50W, 180Kg, DC 12V/24V, Gear Ratio | Get Expert Help!

• Thread starter mikex24
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Winch
Yeah, unfortunately it will be tough to find a winch with those exact specifications. Maybe try searching for a custom winch or reaching out to winch manufacturers directly. Good luck! In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a winch with specific specifications of 50W power, 180Kg lifting capacity, DC 12V or 24V, and a gear ratio. They are having trouble finding one online and are seeking help and suggestions. It is suggested to look at 12V winches for off road vehicles, but those typically have higher power than what is needed. It is also suggested to consider custom winches or reaching out to manufacturers directly.
mikex24
Hi,
I am looking to find a winch on the web to have some specifications but nothing. Is there any person who can help me to find a winch at the specification i need? Thanks

Specifications: ~50W power, to lift ~180Kg, DC 12V or 24V, and to have a gear ratio.

Basicaly i have to find a winch to make comparison to my own which is 50W, 180Kg pulling force, it has 180:1 gearbox ratio. I have to find a winch to compare the powers and the gearbox ratios, but nothing on the web. Thanks, any help will appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I would look at 12V winches markets for off road vehicles.

Umm... the OP is looking for 1/15hp. Those automotive winches begin around 1hp, and up.

Tom.G said:
Umm... the OP is looking for 1/15hp. Those automotive winches begin around 1hp, and up.
Whoops I missed that.

1. How do I determine the best gear ratio for my winch?

The gear ratio is determined by dividing the number of rotations made by the motor with one full rotation of the winch drum. A higher gear ratio means the winch will turn faster but with less pulling power, while a lower gear ratio means slower but more powerful rotation. Consider the weight of the load and the type of terrain when choosing the gear ratio.

2. Can the winch be used with both 12V and 24V power sources?

Yes, this winch is designed to be compatible with both 12V and 24V power sources. It is important to check the voltage compatibility of your vehicle or power source before using the winch.

3. How much weight can this winch handle?

This winch has a maximum weight capacity of 180kg or 396lbs. It is important to never exceed the weight limit to avoid damaging the winch or causing accidents.

4. Can I use this winch for heavy-duty or commercial purposes?

This winch is designed for light to medium-duty use and may not be suitable for heavy-duty or commercial purposes. It is important to assess the weight and frequency of use before choosing a winch for these purposes.

5. Do I need expert help to install and use this winch?

While it is always recommended to seek expert help when dealing with heavy equipment, this winch comes with a detailed user manual that should provide all the necessary information for installation and use. However, if you are unsure or have any questions, it is always best to seek professional assistance.