Wind Tunnel

• Thread starter Xander141
  • Start date
Greetings,

for the school I must find some information about the building of a small close wind tunnel .

Some one know where to find it?

Good day!

Answers and Replies

Greetings,

for the school I must find some information about the building of a small close wind tunnel .

Some one know where to find it?

Good day!

Don't expect a magic answer already designed for you. Just consider your requirements and have a look at wind tunnels in general for inspiration.

boneh3ad
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
There is a lot more that goes into designing a wind tunnel than just saying "I need to design a wind tunnel." Even if one if us wanted to do your homework for you we couldn't because you have provided no information.

What speed range do you want your tunnel to operate in? What kind of unit Reynolds number do you want to achieve and under what flow conditions? How large do you want your test section?

Last edited:
I'm sorry,

I don't search for one who can do my homework... :)

I only need if there is a Institute or a University that I don't have already find it.

At the moment I don't have the user requirement, so I can't say nothing.

I've already found the NASA site and the Loughboroug University archive.

Some one has another idea?

Bye

boneh3ad
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Well depending on how much you already know about aerodynamics, you may want to start simple, such as with a textbook such as "Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" by Anderson.

Thank you for the infos.

I read some documents, but I don't find nothing about how to dimension the Honeycomb,

I found only something about the dimensioning the screen, do you think it is the same?

I tried searching the localised pressure lost but I don't know how to find the coefficent K.

See you