Windmill powered by magnets

• Thread starter shuang
  • Start date
I know it can't work but can someone explain why?

The U thingys are the magnet. So the magnet attracts the fan and it keep moving.

Attachments

Answers and Replies

Newtons second law: If the magnet attracts the fan, the fan attracts the magnet

Tried it...

The fact is I've tried many possibilities attempting perpetual motion with magnets, I even tried 'dynamic shielding' - where the magnetic field would be shielded at designed intervals.

None worked. I've also tried many other perpetual concepts, some mine, and some from others, none worked.

Perpetual machines won't work, if they do, they are probably tapping from the background radiation of the universe or any ambient energy potential. Energy can't be created, it's always been around, you just figure out how to tap them! And I don't think it's that simple.

Sorry, double post. must have clicked thrice due to lag :(

Last edited:
sorry, double post. must have clicked twice due to lag

Although +1 for the effort and deciding to share. If only Universal laws are different and your concept worked, (which will not in our reality). You would have saved our energy problems by sharing it in such a very simple device that can be easily DIY'ed. Money-centric, greedy corporations if they had such idea instead, would have probably kept it secret, or made it too complicated, or incredibly expensive!

Last edited:
When dealing with magnets, it is sometimes more intuitive to mentally replace the magnets with elastic cords (bungee cords). It should be clear why that design wouldn't work with elastic cords pulling in the same way as the magnets are.