How do I fix my Macbook booting straight into Windows instead of rEFIT?

Then, you should be able to boot into rEFIT again and select your desired OS. If you're not comfortable doing this, you can try using the boot selector option by holding down the alt/option key during startup. If that doesn't work, you can reach out to rEFIT support or seek help from online forums.
noagname
I have a 2006 macbook which I put rEFIT on to. So I could install OS's like ubuntu and windows, but when I was installing windows on the separate partition. For some dumb reason I told it NTFS instead of fat and now my computer boots straight into Windows. Skipping over the rEFIT, now I need help. I have put the mac os install disk in and my comp boots off of that. But I'm too nervous to go on. Does anyone have any advice?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You need to wipe that NTFS partition and reformat it to FAT.

1. How does Windows override Mac OS?

Windows can override Mac OS by being set as the default operating system on a computer, meaning it will automatically boot up when the computer is turned on. This can also be done manually by selecting Windows as the primary operating system during the boot-up process.

2. Can Mac OS be completely replaced by Windows?

Yes, it is possible to completely replace Mac OS with Windows on a computer. However, this process may require reformatting the hard drive and installing a fresh copy of Windows, which will result in the loss of all data on the computer.

3. What are the advantages of Windows overriding Mac OS?

Some potential advantages of using Windows as the primary operating system over Mac OS include a larger selection of software and games, compatibility with more hardware, and potentially lower cost for hardware and software.

4. Are there any drawbacks to Windows overriding Mac OS?

Some potential drawbacks of using Windows as the primary operating system over Mac OS include potential security vulnerabilities, a different user interface and user experience, and potential compatibility issues with certain programs or files.

5. Can both Windows and Mac OS coexist on the same computer?

Yes, it is possible to have both Windows and Mac OS installed on the same computer and choose which operating system to use at startup. This is known as dual-booting and requires partitioning the hard drive and installing each operating system separately.