Fixing Disappeared IE on Windows Quick Start Menu

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, if your IE icon disappeared from the Quick Start menu, you can add it back by dragging it from somewhere else onto the Quick Start menu. If you are on XP, you can also right-click on the iexplore.exe executable and choose "Pin to Start Menu" to add it back. Make sure to check your settings to see if you are in Classic view or not. If you have more than three icons in the Quick Start menu, some may be hidden and can be accessed by clicking on the double chevron or adjusting the vertical bar.
Saint
My IE disappeared from the QS, how to add it back? :smile:

Computer science news on Phys.org
Drag the icon there from somewhere else.

still can't do it, why?

Saint, are you on XP? When you say Quick Start menu, I am assuming you mean the Start menu that pops off the Start button.
If you can find your iexplore.exe executable (or a shortcut to it), just right-click on it and choose Pin to Start Menu. This will only work if you are not in Classic view.

p.s. If you're not sure if you are in Classic view, right-click on your Start button and choose Properties. Choose the Start Menu tab. You'll see a choice for Start Menu or Classic Start Menu.

Last edited:
Enable Dragging and Dropping first.

Right click on taskbar. Go to Start Menu Tab. Customize for Start menu. ADvanced tab. "Enable dragging and dropping".

i mean the quick start at the bottom left corner just next to the Start icon.

right click on an empty part of the taskbar and select toolbars... from there select quick launch... that should get u started... when u have the quick launch menu, just drag the IE icon to the quick launch area..

XP Quick Start Menu tips

Saint said:
My IE disappeared from the QS, how to add it back? :smile:
If you have more than three icons in the QS menu, some may be hidden. To see any hidden QS icons, click on the double chevron just to the right of the three QS icons you can see. If you see the IE icon in that pop-up menu, click and drag it down to the normal QS icon area. This will displace one of the three icons there into the hidden area.

To have more than three QS icons visible at anyone time, click and drag the vertical bar that is just to the right of the double chevron.

1. Why did my Internet Explorer disappear from my Quick Start Menu on Windows?

This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a recent update or a change in your system settings. It could also be caused by a virus or malware that has affected your computer.

2. How can I fix this issue?

There are a few different methods you can try to fix this issue. First, you can try resetting your Quick Start Menu by right-clicking on it and selecting "Reset". You can also try running a virus scan and removing any potentially harmful programs. If these methods don't work, you may need to reinstall Internet Explorer.

3. Will reinstalling Internet Explorer affect my other programs or files?

No, reinstalling Internet Explorer should not affect your other programs or files. However, it is always a good idea to back up your important files before making any changes to your system.

4. How do I know if Internet Explorer is completely gone from my system?

You can check by going to your Control Panel and looking for Internet Explorer in the list of installed programs. If it is not there, then it has been completely removed from your system.

5. Can I use a different browser instead of Internet Explorer?

Yes, you can use any browser you prefer as your default browser. Internet Explorer is just one option, but there are many others such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.