Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Windows Service Pack 2

1. Aug 20, 2004 #1
    My friend recently found out about Windows Service Pack 2 and wanted to know whether Microsoft already automatically loaded it into his computer or if he needed to do it himself. Or how he could find out if he already had SP2.

I'm on a Mac, so I don't know much about Windows Service Packs. Is it even out yet?

I went to Microsoft.com, and they say to just turn on Auto-update.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2004 #2

Staff: Mentor

Look in control panel->system.
  4. Aug 20, 2004 #3
    He'd likely know if he had SP2, it's a 266mb security update. Most people don't have SP2 yet because ms update queues people and don't send everyone an update notic all at once. However they have the service pack available for "network admins" even though you can use it for your personal computer too. Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/winxpsp2.mspx and click "Download and Deploy Service Pack 2 to Multiple Computers"
  5. Aug 20, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

266 Mb? :eek:
  6. Aug 20, 2004 #5
    They have a test version too right? I went to their site and found a version of SP2 that developers can download.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?