Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Winter Olympics 2006 Turin

1. Feb 12, 2006 #1
    Anyone watching the Olympics here? I've just finished watching short track speed skating and watched Ohno's ass get kicked.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2006 #2
    I saw about 5 mins of the mens luge. Man those guys go fast :eek: then I realized it was stupid and I watched some snow melt.

4. Feb 12, 2006 #3

EL

Science Advisor

What really happened to Ohno? Heard he got beaten up by a couple of guards on his way to the b-final!!!:bugeye: :tongue:

5. Feb 12, 2006 #4
    M. Kwan just dropped out due to groin injury. (If thats important to anyone)

6. Feb 12, 2006 #5

EL

Science Advisor

...or maybe she just noticed she wasn't as good as the other girls, and was afraid of failing.

7. Feb 12, 2006 #6
    Or maybe her big ass groin kept getting in the way :eek:

8. Feb 12, 2006 #7
    Wow Canada's womens hockey team is killing the competition so far! They beat Russia 12-0 and Italy 16-0......that is insane.

9. Feb 12, 2006 #8

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hockey Nation! :smile:

10. Feb 12, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

When's the figure skating? Right now, it's just snowboarding, which is boring to watch.

Is everyone just hanging on the edge of their seats waiting for the curling competition? :biggrin:

11. Feb 12, 2006 #10
    Omg I actually watched the gold medal curling match last time just because Canada was playing in it....I thought it would never end...god that was awful.

12. Feb 12, 2006 #11
    just finished watching mens snowboarding halfpipe. I wish i was half that good.

13. Feb 12, 2006 #12
    I still fail to understand how CURLING out of all sports...can be an olympic one

14. Feb 13, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow, I saw an interview earlier with Shaun White, on the US snowboarding team...until they showed his name and he began to speak, I thought they were interviewing a woman! He's extremely feminine looking. Even his voice isn't all that deep...I was thinking it was just a deep female voice, until they put his name up and showed clips from the men's competition he was in.

15. Feb 13, 2006 #14

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Hey! Curling friggin' rocks (pun intended). Don't be dissing it.

16. Feb 13, 2006 #15

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I watched the snowboarding. I kept laughing every 5 minutes or so. I would think of people like Eric Hayden, Franz Klamer, Mark Spitz, Jesse Owens and all the other big name olympians. Then I would think that these 18 year olds who, admittedly, I would call degenerate if I saw them on the street, share the same "olympian" title. The world is a funny place some times.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?