Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

WinXP Right Click Menus.

1. Apr 29, 2004 #1
    Hey there

When I am in my WinXP Pro, and I right click on a file, say a .mp3 file, I get a TON of options of stuff to do with the .mp3 file. For example:

Edit with Dreamweaver
    Add to WinAmps Bookmark List
    Copy to Cd or Device
    Qeue it U
    Add to Playlist
    Play with Media Player
    MP3/Tag Studio

I'd really like to remove most of these from the right click menus. Does anyone know how to do this?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 29, 2004 #2
    Goto start, choose run and then type regedit. Select HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and then goto directory, and under directory u will find keys named shell (or) shellex. Expand these keys to find out which of the right click options they represent. Delete the ones that u do not want.
  4. Apr 29, 2004 #3
    Hey! That helped get most of them, the rest I just searched in the registry. Thank you!
  5. Apr 29, 2004 #4
    Hmm. Well, I've managed to get rid of all the programs that shouldn't even be looking at it (Dreamweaver, etc.) I still can't get the Media Player stuff out of it. Oh well though, it is still an improvement.
  6. Jun 11, 2005 #5
    I know this thread is over a year old... but i was just searching the net (which brought me here) for the same info and came across this. The below quote worked for me.

Thouhgt it might help someone out in the furture.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?