Is a Wireless Audio Transmitter Feasible with 2.4GHz Band and an Audio Codec?

In summary, the conversation discusses plans to build a wireless audio transmitter in the 2.4GHz band using an audio codec and SOC with TX/RX capability. The individual has doubts about interfacing audio and streaming data, and seeks advice on feasibility and legality. It is suggested to seek guidance from a local amateur radio club for practical and knowledgeable advice.
Chandra214
Hi All,
we are planning to build a wireless audio transmitter. In 2.4GHz Band.
I would acknowledge that this is my first audio interfacing project.
So i have a lot of doubts about the way i can interface audio and stream the data out.
we plan to use an audio codec which can take Mic ( line in ) inputs and also should be able to drive a speaker ( let's consider the impedance later).
the audio codec will be interfaced to an SOC which has 2.4GHz TX/RX capability.
the idea is to interface the audio codec to the controller on I2S of Audio codec onto SPI of Controller(SOC).
Please throw some light on the feasibility.

Thanks,
Chandra

Engineering news on Phys.org
Radio transmitters need a license from the FCC. The FCC also sets the requirements for acceptable transmitters.

The most practical advice I can offer is to visit your local amateur radio club. Those HAMS are very knowledgeable, and could advise you on ways to do your project that are both feasible and legal.

1. What is wireless audio transmission?

Wireless audio transmission is the process of sending audio signals from one device to another without the use of physical cables. It uses radio frequency or infrared waves to transmit the audio signals.

2. How does wireless audio transmission work?

Wireless audio transmission works by converting the audio signals into electromagnetic waves and transmitting them through the air. The receiving device then converts these waves back into audio signals that can be heard by the user.

3. What are the advantages of wireless audio transmission?

One of the main advantages of wireless audio transmission is convenience. It eliminates the need for messy and tangled cables, allowing for a more organized and clutter-free environment. It also allows for greater mobility and flexibility, as the user can move around without being restricted by cables.

4. What are the limitations of wireless audio transmission?

One limitation of wireless audio transmission is potential interference from other electronic devices or physical barriers such as walls. This can result in reduced audio quality or interruptions in the transmission. Additionally, wireless audio transmission may have a limited range, depending on the technology used.

5. What types of devices use wireless audio transmission?

Wireless audio transmission is commonly used in devices such as wireless headphones, speakers, and home theater systems. It is also used in car audio systems, gaming consoles, and smartphones. Any device that requires audio signals to be transmitted without the use of physical cables can potentially use wireless audio transmission.

Back