Create a Wireless AV Switch for Simple RCA Audio Input Toggling

In summary, the easiest way to make a simple switch that toggles between two different RCA audio inputs would be to use an analog switch like the CD4066, which contains 4 switches that provide a low resistance path between two pins based on a digital control. This would allow for remote control either through a remote or a cell phone using IR, Bluetooth, or WiFi and would also be a good programming exercise. Using this method would also keep costs low.
Chunkysalsa
I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to make a simple switch that toggles between two different RCA audio inputs.

I can do it easily with a physical switch but how can I do it remotely. Either from a remote or from my cell phone (so either IR, Bluetooth, or WiFi). I'd prefer using my phone but I guess that would force me to write a simple little personal app. A good programming exercise I suppose.

I'm trying to keep things as cheap as possible. Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
One way is to use an analog switch.

The CD4066 is one of these. It contains 4 switches.

Each one provides a low resistance path between two pins, depending on whether a third pin has 5 volts or zero volts on it.
So, the control is digital, but the switch allows analog signals, like music, to pass.

1. What is a wireless AV switch?

A wireless AV switch is a device that allows you to toggle between different audio inputs without having to physically connect or disconnect any cables. It uses wireless technology to connect to your audio devices, making it a convenient and hassle-free solution for switching between different audio sources.

2. How does a wireless AV switch work?

A wireless AV switch works by connecting to your audio devices through wireless signals. It acts as a middleman between your audio sources and your output device (e.g. speakers, TV). When you want to switch to a different audio input, you simply use the remote control or buttons on the switch itself to send a signal to the switch, which then changes the audio source being sent to your output device.

3. What are the benefits of using a wireless AV switch?

Using a wireless AV switch offers several benefits. Firstly, it eliminates the need for multiple cables and connections, making your setup more organized and clutter-free. It also allows you to switch between audio sources quickly and easily, without having to physically connect or disconnect any cables. Additionally, a wireless AV switch can also extend the range of your audio sources, allowing you to use them in different rooms without having to move them.

4. Can a wireless AV switch be used with any type of audio source?

Most wireless AV switches are designed to work with a variety of audio sources, including TVs, speakers, gaming consoles, and more. However, it is important to check the specifications of the switch to ensure that it is compatible with your specific audio devices.

5. How do I set up a wireless AV switch?

Setting up a wireless AV switch is typically a simple process. First, you will need to connect the switch to your audio output device using the appropriate cables (e.g. RCA cables). Then, you will need to connect your audio sources to the switch using the same type of cables. Finally, you will need to follow the instructions provided with the switch to pair it with your audio devices. Once everything is connected and paired, you can start using the wireless AV switch to toggle between your different audio sources.