Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wireless charger

1. Oct 27, 2011 #1
    hi... now im in progress to do a wireless charger pad by using coil. so i've seen a lot of project regarding to this wireless charging. do u have any idea how can i make it more efficiency? meaning that how can i get a maximum power transfer while transferring the power from Tx to Rx. normally i see all the project only can achieve untill 57% from the actual charger by using all those clumsiness wires charger... hope u can give me any suggestion or idea .thanks. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2011 #2

cmb

Do a load of experiments with coils and switching rates. You need to figure out what frequency you are going to operate at, learn how to obtain/wind a coil of the inductance that you want to get strong coupled resonance, and then figure out how to build an efficient power circuit to drive your Tx coil.

4. Oct 27, 2011 #3
    can u explain what do you mean by choosing the frequency? actually i have watch a lot of videos about the wireless charging by using inductive coil and one thing that im not clear is what kind of power supply that we need to use? either AC or DC? :confused:

5. Oct 27, 2011 #4

cmb

I really don't want to sound unhelpful, but you are too far down the learning curve this time around for this project. I suggest you put your time into shopping on the internet for what you are after.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook