Maximizing Wireless Charger Efficiency

In summary: You can find a lot of information on coils and wireless charging on the internet. I suggest you start with looking for coil manufacturers, frequencies, and power supplies. Once you have a general understanding of these things, you can start experimenting with different combinations to see what gives you the best results. I really don't want to sound unhelpful, but you are too far down the learning curve this time around for this project. I suggest you put your time into shopping on the internet for what you are after. You can find a lot of information on coils and wireless charging on the internet. I suggest you start with looking for coil manufacturers, frequencies, and power supplies. Once you have a general understanding of these things, you can start experimenting with different
zrex
hi... now I am in progress to do a wireless charger pad by using coil. so I've seen a lot of project regarding to this wireless charging. do u have any idea how can i make it more efficiency? meaning that how can i get a maximum power transfer while transferring the power from Tx to Rx. normally i see all the project only can achieve until 57% from the actual charger by using all those clumsiness wires charger... hope u can give me any suggestion or idea .thanks. :smile:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Do a load of experiments with coils and switching rates. You need to figure out what frequency you are going to operate at, learn how to obtain/wind a coil of the inductance that you want to get strong coupled resonance, and then figure out how to build an efficient power circuit to drive your Tx coil.

cmb said:
Do a load of experiments with coils and switching rates. You need to figure out what frequency you are going to operate at, learn how to obtain/wind a coil of the inductance that you want to get strong coupled resonance, and then figure out how to build an efficient power circuit to drive your Tx coil.

can u explain what do you mean by choosing the frequency? actually i have watch a lot of videos about the wireless charging by using inductive coil and one thing that I am not clear is what kind of power supply that we need to use? either AC or DC? :confused:

zrex said:
can u explain what do you mean by choosing the frequency? actually i have watch a lot of videos about the wireless charging by using inductive coil and one thing that I am not clear is what kind of power supply that we need to use? either AC or DC? :confused:

I really don't want to sound unhelpful, but you are too far down the learning curve this time around for this project. I suggest you put your time into shopping on the internet for what you are after.

1. How does wireless charging work?

Wireless charging uses electromagnetic induction to transfer energy between two objects. A transmitter coil in the charger creates an oscillating magnetic field, which induces a current in the receiver coil located in the device being charged. This current is then converted into DC power to charge the device's battery.

2. What factors affect the efficiency of wireless charging?

The efficiency of wireless charging can be affected by a number of factors, including the distance between the transmitter and receiver coils, the materials used in the coils, and the alignment of the coils. Other factors such as temperature, interference, and the quality of the charger and device can also impact efficiency.

3. How can I maximize the efficiency of my wireless charger?

To maximize efficiency, it is important to use a charger and device that are compatible with each other. It is also recommended to keep the distance between the coils as short as possible and ensure that the coils are properly aligned. Additionally, using high-quality materials and minimizing interference can also help improve efficiency.

4. Are there any potential health concerns with wireless charging?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that wireless charging poses any significant health risks. The levels of electromagnetic radiation emitted by wireless chargers are well below the safety limits set by regulatory agencies. However, as with any electronic device, it is important to use wireless chargers according to the manufacturer's instructions.

5. Can I use my phone while it is wirelessly charging?

Yes, you can use your device while it is wirelessly charging. However, it is recommended to avoid moving the device too much as this can disrupt the alignment of the coils and reduce charging efficiency. It is also important to note that using certain features, such as GPS or intensive apps, may slow down the charging process.