Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wireless Data Transmitting

1. Apr 8, 2008 #1
    Is there any way to transmit USB data over the air easily?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2008 #2
    you could get a usb wireless NIC :) I really know nothing about what you are trying to do, but thats an easy way to do short distances.
  4. Apr 8, 2008 #3
    i am trying to connect 2 ti-89 titanium calculators together wirelesly, but with the same data that is being sent over the USB cable. Is there a way I can easily do this (also on the cheap)
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  5. Apr 9, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. Apr 9, 2008 #5
    I would also like portable and be able to make it myself out of sample chips
  7. Apr 12, 2008 #6
    Like would I be able to make it a simple circuit. I am fairly good with electronics.
  8. Apr 12, 2008 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can buy off the shelf bluetooth transceivers that will probably solve your problem, but as far as I know, there is no standard for "wireless USB."

- Warren
  9. Apr 12, 2008 #8

Staff: Mentor

There is, it just hasn't exactly caught on yet:.

I actually didn't realize it was available yet. I may need to get one of these so I don't have to have a 30' cable running out to my telescope anymore...
  10. Apr 13, 2008 #9
    how much will those run me?
  11. Apr 13, 2008 #10
    Hopefully, you're not using this for cheating purposes :p
  12. Apr 14, 2008 #11
    no, I just have wanted to do this for a while and finally have the time to do something like it. Also, there is a really cool chat program for the 89 titanium via link cable. I want to do the same thing like between desks to compare notes and stuff. not to cheat
  13. Apr 17, 2008 #12
    any way can i get some help?
  14. May 28, 2008 #13
    "Like would I be able to make it a simple circuit. I am fairly good with electronics."

> then we can try RF circuits, if u can move audio with them , then u can also move data. I have also been willing to give it a try a year ago and this is the first topic i found about it. i beleave RF circuit can help around this. lets give it a go.
  15. May 29, 2008 #14
    well iv been able to replace a single usb cable for my usb webcam with an RF circuit for a short distance about 5m, i can still view a clear image. i will make three more circuits for other 3 cables and see if its real wireless.
  16. May 29, 2008 #15
    in total i will need 8 of the circuits (that is: 4 to pc and 4 to cam), am not that good with circuits but i hope someone will help intergrate all of them into two circuits ( 1 to pc and 1 to cam).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?