Can USB Data Be Transmitted Wirelessly with Circuit Integration?

In summary: Michael> then we can try RF circuits, if u can move audio with them , then u can also move data. I have also been willing to give it a try a year ago and this is the first topic i found about it. i beleave RF circuit can help around this. let's give it a go.- MichaelThanks for trying to help out! RF circuits may be able to help around this issue, but we'll need to try it out first.
circuit man
Is there any way to transmit USB data over the air easily?

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
you could get a usb wireless NIC :) I really know nothing about what you are trying to do, but that's an easy way to do short distances.

i am trying to connect 2 ti-89 titanium calculators together wirelesly, but with the same data that is being sent over the USB cable. Is there a way I can easily do this (also on the cheap)

Last edited:
Don't know about cheap, but something like this
http://www.ramelectronics.net/audiovideo/computer-accessories/usb/usb-extenders/gefen-wireless-usb-2-0-extender-ext-wusb-4p/prodEXTWUSB4P.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also like portable and be able to make it myself out of sample chips

Like would I be able to make it a simple circuit. I am fairly good with electronics.

You can buy off the shelf bluetooth transceivers that will probably solve your problem, but as far as I know, there is no standard for "wireless USB."

- Warren

chroot said:
You can buy off the shelf bluetooth transceivers that will probably solve your problem, but as far as I know, there is no standard for "wireless USB."

- Warren
There is, it just hasn't exactly caught on yet:.
Wireless USB is a short-range, high-bandwidth wireless radio communication protocol created by the Wireless USB Promoter Group.

In October 2006 the FCC approved the first complete Host Wire Adapter (HWA) and Device Wire Adapter (DWA) wireless USB solution from WiQuest Communications for both outdoor and indoor use. Since then, in mid-2007 Belkin, Dell, Lenovo and D-Link began shipping products that incorporated WiQuest technology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_USB
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=377793

I actually didn't realize it was available yet. I may need to get one of these so I don't have to have a 30' cable running out to my telescope anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:
chroot said:

- Warren

how much will those run me?

Hopefully, you're not using this for cheating purposes :p

no, I just have wanted to do this for a while and finally have the time to do something like it. Also, there is a really cool chat program for the 89 titanium via link cable. I want to do the same thing like between desks to compare notes and stuff. not to cheat

any way can i get some help?

"Like would I be able to make it a simple circuit. I am fairly good with electronics."

> then we can try RF circuits, if u can move audio with them , then u can also move data. I have also been willing to give it a try a year ago and this is the first topic i found about it. i beleave RF circuit can help around this. let's give it a go.

well iv been able to replace a single usb cable for my usb webcam with an RF circuit for a short distance about 5m, i can still view a clear image. i will make three more circuits for other 3 cables and see if its real wireless.

in total i will need 8 of the circuits (that is: 4 to pc and 4 to cam), am not that good with circuits but i hope someone will help intergrate all of them into two circuits ( 1 to pc and 1 to cam).

1. What is wireless data transmitting?

Wireless data transmitting is the process of sending and receiving data without the use of physical wires or cables. It uses radio frequency waves to transmit data between devices.

2. How does wireless data transmitting work?

Wireless data transmitting works by converting data into radio frequency waves, which are then transmitted through the air to a receiver. The receiver then decodes the waves back into the original data.

3. What are the advantages of wireless data transmitting?

Some advantages of wireless data transmitting include convenience, mobility, and cost-effectiveness. It allows for easier and faster communication between devices without the need for physical connections.

4. What are the potential risks of wireless data transmitting?

One potential risk of wireless data transmitting is the possibility of data interception by unauthorized parties. It also may be susceptible to interference, which can affect the quality of data transmission.

5. How can wireless data transmitting be secured?

To secure wireless data transmitting, encryption techniques can be used to protect the data from being intercepted. It is also important to regularly update and secure the devices and networks used for data transmission.