Discover the Best Books for Learning Wireless Power Transfer | EEE Student

In summary, wireless power transfer is the process of transferring electrical energy from a power source to an electronic device without the use of physical connectors or wires. It works through the use of electromagnetic induction, where a charging pad creates a magnetic field that induces a current in a receiver, allowing for charging without direct contact. This technology is generally considered safe and offers convenience and potential benefits for electronic devices. However, there are limitations such as reduced efficiency and compatibility with all devices.
sriramkumar12
Hi,
Iam doing my 3rd yr in EEE,i am interested in learning about wireless power transfer.Can someone suggest me some good books.

Engineering news on Phys.org
sriramkumar12 said:
Hi,
Iam doing my 3rd yr in EEE,i am interested in learning about wireless power transfer.Can someone suggest me some good books.

Or instead ask for texts on RF transformer design. "Wireless power" is simply a high-Q loose-coupled air-core transformer with tuned primary and secondary.

1. What is wireless power transfer?

Wireless power transfer, also known as wireless charging or wireless energy transmission, is the process of transferring electrical energy from a power source to an electronic device without the use of physical connectors or wires.

2. How does wireless power transfer work?

Wireless power transfer works through the use of electromagnetic induction, where a power source (such as a charging pad) creates a magnetic field. This magnetic field then induces a current in a receiver (such as a smartphone) that is placed within the field, allowing for charging without direct contact.

3. Is wireless power transfer safe?

Yes, wireless power transfer is generally considered safe. The technology has been in use for many years and is regulated by safety standards to ensure that it does not pose any health risks. However, it is important to use certified products and follow manufacturer's instructions for safe usage.

4. What are the benefits of wireless power transfer?

Wireless power transfer offers convenience, as it eliminates the need for multiple charging cords and allows for charging on-the-go. It also reduces wear and tear on charging ports and cables, and can potentially increase the lifespan of electronic devices.

5. What are the limitations of wireless power transfer?

One limitation of wireless power transfer is that the efficiency of energy transfer is reduced compared to traditional wired charging methods. Distance between the power source and receiver can also affect the efficiency of charging. Additionally, not all electronic devices are compatible with wireless charging technology.