Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wireless Transmitter/Receiver

1. Jun 6, 2008 #1

dsa

Anyone have a good source for a wireless transmitter/receiver package.

We have been using an off the shelf set for one of our products at work from Linear Corp. This one is similar to a really old garage door opener technology.

We have been having problems with range and interference problems and I am thinking of maybe doing our own in house design or moving to a different off the shelf product.

The set we get now is like $100 for the pair and my searches have been hsowing alot more expensive sets.

It has to be radio not infrared.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What kind of range are you shooting for? What kinds of noise sources are present? What band was used with your current solution? Can you just use WiFi? Have you looked at ISM band transceivers, like Cypress' Wirless USB? What is the source of the data, what is the datarate, and what is the consumer of the data?

4. Jun 10, 2008 #3

dsa

The range required is max of 50'
    Noise can be RF welders, motors etc..
    The current solution has a frquency of 300MHZ i believe.

There is no PC or USB present. The transmitter is oviously a hand held gizmo and the receiver is powered by 24V and the output basically closes a 24V relay coil

5. Jun 10, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?