Can I Make My 0-5v Pulse Wireless with a Small Transmitter?

In summary, the conversation discussed the need for a wireless interface for a pulse of 0 to 5 volts. The transmitter needed to be as small as possible and the receiver could be any size. While the existing USB interface was slightly larger than desired, it was acceptable to have the pulse go through it before reaching the transmitter. However, the preference was to have the pulse go directly to the transmitter. The conversation also mentioned a potential solution of using a transmitter from a wireless USB keyboard and modifying it to work with the pulse. The website of a company, Cypress, that specializes in wireless USB products was also recommended for more information.
sjaguar13
I have an pulse of 0 to 5 volts that I want to send to my computer. I have a USB interface for it, but I need it to be wireless. Size matters. I need the the transmitter part to be as small as possible. The receiver can be any size. Because of that, the interface I have is already a little bigger than I would like. It would be exceptable to have the pulse go to the USB interface and then to a transmitter, but I would really like to have the pulse go straight to a transmitter. Is there any way to do this?

Engineering news on Phys.org
oooo i THINK wireless USB has this weird technical problem... I think people are barely about a year off from introducing the first wireless USB commercial products. What i bet is easy is that you get a transmitter from like a wireless usb keyboard and ... i dunno, mess with the electronics to make it work with your idea... i dunno...

1. What is a Wireless USB Device/0-5v?

A Wireless USB Device/0-5v is a type of wireless technology that allows devices to communicate with each other using a 0-5 volt signal. This signal can be used to transmit data, such as audio or video, between devices without the need for physical cables.

2. How does a Wireless USB Device/0-5v work?

A Wireless USB Device/0-5v works by using radio frequency waves to transmit data between devices. The device that is sending the data will convert it into a 0-5 volt signal, which is then transmitted to the receiving device. The receiving device will then convert the signal back into usable data.

3. What are the advantages of using a Wireless USB Device/0-5v?

One of the main advantages of using a Wireless USB Device/0-5v is the convenience of not having to use physical cables. This allows for more freedom of movement and eliminates the need for multiple cords and connections. Additionally, the 0-5 volt signal is a low power option, making it more energy efficient.

4. Are there any limitations to using a Wireless USB Device/0-5v?

One limitation of using a Wireless USB Device/0-5v is its range. The signal can only travel a certain distance before it starts to weaken, and obstacles such as walls can interfere with the signal. Additionally, the signal can be susceptible to interference from other electronic devices.

5. How can a Wireless USB Device/0-5v be used in scientific research?

A Wireless USB Device/0-5v can be used in scientific research to collect and transmit data from different sensors and instruments. It can also be used to remotely control devices and conduct experiments in hard-to-reach locations. The low power consumption and lack of physical cables make it a convenient and efficient option for scientific research.