Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wireless USB Device/0-5v?

1. Jul 11, 2005 #1
    I have an pulse of 0 to 5 volts that I want to send to my computer. I have a USB interface for it, but I need it to be wireless. Size matters. I need the the transmitter part to be as small as possible. The receiver can be any size. Because of that, the interface I have is already a little bigger than I would like. It would be exceptable to have the pulse go to the USB interface and then to a transmitter, but I would really like to have the pulse go straight to a transmitter. Is there any way to do this?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

oooo i THINK wireless USB has this weird technical problem... I think people are barely about a year off from introducing the first wireless USB commercial products. What i bet is easy is that you get a transmitter from like a wireless usb keyboard and ... i dunno, mess with the electronics to make it work with your idea... i dunno...

4. Jul 11, 2005 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?