1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wireless USB Device/0-5v?

1. Jul 11, 2005 #1
    I have an pulse of 0 to 5 volts that I want to send to my computer. I have a USB interface for it, but I need it to be wireless. Size matters. I need the the transmitter part to be as small as possible. The receiver can be any size. Because of that, the interface I have is already a little bigger than I would like. It would be exceptable to have the pulse go to the USB interface and then to a transmitter, but I would really like to have the pulse go straight to a transmitter. Is there any way to do this?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

oooo i THINK wireless USB has this weird technical problem... I think people are barely about a year off from introducing the first wireless USB commercial products. What i bet is easy is that you get a transmitter from like a wireless usb keyboard and ... i dunno, mess with the electronics to make it work with your idea... i dunno...

4. Jul 11, 2005 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?