Wisconsin crop circle formation was not made by hoaxers.

In summary, a private scientific research team documented physical evidence that confirmed Art Rantala's eyewitness observation that the Mayville/Kekoskee, Wisconsin crop circle formation was not made by hoaxers. The evidence and eyewitness accounts suggest that the crop circle was not a hoax, but it is still debated whether it could have been created by humans or if it was a genuine extraterrestrial phenomenon. Additionally, it is noted that crop circles tend to occur primarily in countries with efficient farms and a dry sense of humor, raising questions about the possibility of cultural or human influence.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"Wisconsin crop circle formation was not made by hoaxers."

"A Crop Circle, an eyewitness, photos, recorded anomalies and a meeting with a member of "The USAF Special Crop Circle Investigative Unit"! On July 23-24, 2003, a private scientific research team documented physical evidence that confirmed Art Rantala’s eyewitness observation that the Mayville/Kekoskee, Wisconsin crop circle formation was not made by hoaxers."

http://www.cropcirclenews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=128

Physics news on Phys.org
This story seems to be picking up steam

For the moment, this story is looking interesting. The evidence is looking very promising...for now.

my grandparents have a place around 40 miles from there, there's also a military base not too far away. one night my grandfather woke up at around 4am, went out on the front deck and saw a red object in the sky which he says was bouncing around at high speeds, then all of a sudden zipped right over the house. he also said it didn't make a sound and was flying in the vicinity of the base, this was around 3 years ago.

im pretty sure the base over there has some top secret equipment, maybe the test pilot just has a sense of humor :smile:.

People put waaaay too much energy into the crop circle hoax. It was revealed by the original hoaxters to be a hoax something like 10 years ago.

Originally posted by russ_watters
People put waaaay too much energy into the crop circle hoax. It was revealed by the original hoaxters to be a hoax something like 10 years ago.

Russ you have so much to learn. :frown:

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Russ you have so much to learn. :frown:
We all do. :smile:

p.s. have you ever visited www.badastronomy.com ? They have a message board too...

Last edited:
Yes we all do, however, it has been proven that crop circles popped up once in a while long before those two british hoax guys were born. I saw on TV a newsletter like thing, a copy of one from the middle ages or something, saying that a farmer and one of the harvestors that worked for him had a dispute over pay, ending with one of them remarking, 'Then let the Devil do it!'. People claimed they saw lights in the field and the next day there was a crop circle there. Other crop circles of the time were explained as places were witches dance in circles, (naked, of course, and with demons, too.) All crop circles could still be hoaxes, but that proves it's not a new idea. However, I doubt the people of the middle ages had the time to be doing hoaxes, they generally had very hard lives. At the end of a hard day's work, do you sleep to get ready for the next, or stay up all night vandalising fields? Decisions, decisions...

We all do. :smile:

p.s. have you ever visited www.badastronomy.com ? They have a message board too...

Oh yes. I work as closely with the skeptics as the true believers. In fact, James Randi and I used to correspond frequently. I like to have friends from heaven and hell.

Originally posted by Jonathan
Yes we all do, however, it has been proven that crop circles popped up once in a while long before those two british hoax guys were born. I saw on TV a newsletter like thing, a copy of one from the middle ages or something, saying that a farmer and one of the harvestors that worked for him had a dispute over pay, ending with one of them remarking, 'Then let the Devil do it!'. People claimed they saw lights in the field and the next day there was a crop circle there. Other crop circles of the time were explained as places were witches dance in circles, (naked, of course, and with demons, too.) All crop circles could still be hoaxes, but that proves it's not a new idea. However, I doubt the people of the middle ages had the time to be doing hoaxes, they generally had very hard lives. At the end of a hard day's work, do you sleep to get ready for the next, or stay up all night vandalising fields? Decisions, decisions...

Thanks Jonathan. You fight with Russ for awhile. Russ requires a lot of patients. :wink:

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Russ requires a lot of patients. :wink:
Patients? Freudian slip? Sorry, I'm not accepting any new patients - I have my hands full with my current clients.

Incidentally I find it telling that the vast majority of all crop circles occur in England, a country with a strange, dry sense of humor and efficient farms. Not a lot of crop circles in Somalia where every wheat stalk is important. But I guess those aliens are just being considerate.

Last edited:
LOL! FYI: Freud was stark raving mad.

Patients? Freudian slip? Sorry, I'm not accepting any new patients - I have my hands full with my current clients.

Incidentally I find it telling that the vast majority of all crop circles occur in England, a country with a strange, dry sense of humor and efficient farms. Not a lot of crop circles in Somalia where every wheat stalk is important. But I guess those aliens are just being considerate.

LOL! patience.
My wife works in medicine and we have been talking shop.

I agree than many crop circles are hoaxed. IMO, this account for all of your objections.

I bet 95% are hoaxes.

Ivan,

I actually think Russ has a good
point about Somalia. There haven't
been a lot of crop circle reports
from India or Southeast Asia
either that I've run into.

I read this thread after having
let it percolate for a couple
days and find you are over here
Randi-Bashing as in the clairvoy-
ance thread. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Because don't forget these: ...

(Hint: What's small and black?)

-zoob

1. What evidence supports the claim that the crop circle formation in Wisconsin was not made by hoaxers?

The primary evidence supporting this claim is the presence of intricate and complex geometric patterns in the crop circle formation. These patterns are difficult to replicate and require advanced knowledge and technology. Additionally, there have been no reports or evidence of human footprints or equipment marks in the crops surrounding the formation, further indicating that it was not created by human hands.

2. How do scientists determine that a crop circle formation was not created by humans?

Scientists use various techniques and methods to analyze crop circle formations and determine their authenticity. These include examining the physical characteristics of the crop, such as the direction of the bent stalks and the presence of anomalous changes in the plants' cellular structure. They also analyze the soil and plant samples from within the formation for any unusual chemical or biological changes that could not be replicated by hoaxers.

3. Is there any scientific explanation for the crop circle formation in Wisconsin?

At this time, there is no scientific explanation for the crop circle formation in Wisconsin. However, some scientists theorize that the formations could be the result of natural phenomena, such as atmospheric plasma or electromagnetic energy. Others believe that they could be created by extraterrestrial beings or advanced civilizations.

4. Have there been any other reported cases of crop circle formations that were not created by hoaxers?

Yes, there have been numerous documented cases of crop circle formations that have been deemed authentic by scientists. These formations have been reported in various countries around the world and have exhibited similar characteristics, such as intricate designs and unexplainable changes in the plants and soil.

5. What impact does the discovery of a crop circle formation not made by hoaxers have on the scientific community?

The discovery of a crop circle formation not made by hoaxers challenges many conventional scientific beliefs and theories, such as the limitations of human technology and the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It also highlights the need for further research and investigation into the phenomenon of crop circles and their potential implications for our understanding of the universe.