Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wish Me Luck, Friends

1. Oct 4, 2005 #1

Danger

Gold Member

I only have a couple of minutes to post, then off to my trial. My lawyer thinks that he might be able to just hash things out on the courtroom steps. If things go well, the only issues will be 'how big is the fine' and 'when do I get my guns back'. I'll log back in from work when it's over (if I'm not in jail).

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2005 #2

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Good luck.
    And, er, what trial? :confused:

4. Oct 4, 2005 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Do not worry Danger, if you get sent down we have a plan to bust you out,
    It may take a while to put into practise though, so what mags do you like
    reading ?

5. Oct 4, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Geeze Danger, nothing like leaving total confusion in your wake. Trial? Guns?

Of course the question on everyone's lips is "how many sheep were involved??"

Hope we hear from you soon!!!

6. Oct 4, 2005 #5

Lisa!

Gold Member

Awh I always thought there must be something wrong in your life since you're not here as much as before, but I tried to think positively! :grumpy:

Wish you success! :smile:

By the way, Would you have access to the internet in jail? :rolleyes:

7. Oct 4, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good luck Danger...would have been nice if you gave us more warning. How am I supposed to get a file baked into a cake on such short notice?

8. Oct 4, 2005 #7

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Good luck, Danger! You didn't do anything very illegal, right? Hm, since you didn't tell us, it must have been pretty bad - or you want us to guess!? Okay, we know it was the revolver... I think it was in the billiard room with Mrs. Peacock.

9. Oct 4, 2005 #8

Lisa!

Gold Member

Perhaps he's kept or made guns illegally!

10. Oct 4, 2005 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good luck Danger.

11. Oct 4, 2005 #10
    tribdog, and now Danger. Thankfully I am not a pf funny guy :smile:

12. Oct 4, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I told you they were twins separated at birth by a few years.

13. Oct 4, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Thanks, guys. All's well (relatively).
    This stuff was actually mentioned a few times in various threads, but some of you probably didn't see it and others might have figured that I was joking. I've routinely carried a gun for the past 30 years, and the cops (and even my judge) knew about it for the 27 since I moved here. It was overlooked because they knew whose side I'm on. (I've done a bit of work for the RCMP, the Sheriff and CSIS, some of which put me in potentially life-threatening situations.) Someone took objection to it and made a complaint, so they had no choice but to act upon it. The upshot is that I have to pay a $500 fine (500 Canuk, so lunch money to the Yanks :redface: ). I've permanently lost my beloved handguns, consisting of a Llama 'Especial' .22 auto, an FN 27 .32 auto, a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag, and a Llama IX .45 auto (my carry gun). In addition, I'm prohibited from owning firearms for a year, so I have to give my 2 Enfield .303's to my nephew until then. I won't even be able to replace the .22 and .32 after that because both are now classified as 'prohibited' firearms rather than 'restricted'. I had them under a grandfather clause, but it isn't retroactive. :frown: :cry:
    It could have been much worse. The crown dropped 4 of the 5 charges (2 were unprosecutable anyhow) in return for me pleading guilty to 'possession of a loaded restricted weapon in a place other than that specified in the permit'.
    They also pursued it as an 'offense punishable on summary conviction' (similar to a 'misdemeanor' in the States) as opposed to an 'indictable offense' which would have required a minimum of one year in jail. Rather nice of them, I think.

Just SciAm, Discover, and anything about movie FX such as Starlog or Cinefantastique. At least I wouldn't have to worry about my cell-mate dribbling on them. :eek: :yuck:

:rofl:
    None... just a waitress with the brains of one. :grumpy:

Thanks, but there's nothing wrong. As I mentioned in PM's to you and a couple of others, I've involuntarily collected a girlfriend who keeps me away from home except for one or two nights a week. Also, I'm now working 50 hours a week instead of my previous 30. If my boss hadn't set up this guest account for me on her office computer, I'd never get onto the net at all.

I'd have credited you with more deviousness than that. Just get a bunch of round files, paint red and white stripes on them, glue wicks on top, and stick them in the icing.

Again, thanks for the kind wishes. Now off to the basement to build something nasty to replace the .45. :biggrin:
    (Just kidding; I'm still at work.)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  14. Oct 4, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

I've been expecting this since my first conversation with danger.

after that, he just got weirder :confused: (although I am surpeised no sheep were involved..)

15. Oct 4, 2005 #14
    Well I spent hours downloading excape plans in PFD files, I was going to embed them into soap-on-a-rope for you. :rolleyes: I'm glad its over for you, and that in not too long of time, your life will return to normal.

16. Oct 4, 2005 #15
    Here in Arizona they are trying to pass a law so that firearms would be allowed in restaurants, except you can't drink any alcohol(of course).

Anyway, it's sad that you lost all of your firearms :(

17. Oct 4, 2005 #16
  18. Oct 4, 2005 #17

SOS2008

Gold Member

I thought we could carry firearms as long as registered and not concealed? I take it this only pertains to establishments serving alcohol. I'm with Danger on this one (and they call us pacifist liberals, huh buddy?).

19. Oct 5, 2005 #18

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Well, I'm glad you're at least safe and sound. :smile:
    I've only held an unloaded gun once - a .357 Magnum. What do the numbers mean? Why do you have guns? For protection? Do you hunt?

20. Oct 5, 2005 #19
    Only restaurants which serve alcohol. I doubt that it is allowed anywhere in the US....

You would be able to walk into a burger king or deny's, just not black angus or applebees....

21. Oct 5, 2005 #20

wolram

Gold Member

It is short for magazine number, some gun smith came up with a formula for
    the maximum fire rate of any weapon, .357 is gallons per minute, from this
    you can calculate the magazine capacity to fire rate per minute.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?