Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Woke up in the middle of night and saw someone

1. Aug 11, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

What would you think if you woke up in the middle of night and saw someone who would be covered by a white clothes, would be approaching you? :uhh:

Have you ever had such an experience?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2005 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You mean like a mischevous older brother?

4. Aug 11, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

Well, it could be.

5. Aug 11, 2005 #4

JamesU

Gold Member

I would tell all the athiests at PF that god exists.

6. Aug 11, 2005 #5

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Was it the Lord of the Nazgul?

[​IMG]

7. Aug 11, 2005 #6
    Yeah, due to sleep paralysis.

8. Aug 11, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

loseyourname, what a nice picture! :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: You mean you think God is like that or you mean if you see a ghost, you can prove God?

What if it would happen to an atheist? :uhh:

9. Aug 11, 2005 #8
    It would be exhilerating.

I love a good adrenaline rush.

10. Aug 11, 2005 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

Hey don't you think that it could be Franzbear or any of members who suddenly disappeared and no one knows what's happened to them? :uhh:

11. Aug 11, 2005 #10

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you actually meant: What would you think if you woke up in the middle of night and saw someone who would be nude and approaching to you?

But after a while and after sleeping these two hours you have decided to rearrange your question. :biggrin:

12. Aug 11, 2005 #11
    Was it a Ku Klux Klan member?

13. Aug 11, 2005 #12

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I'm sure it's the Canterville ghost; just lend him your crayons (the red ones, preferably).

14. Aug 11, 2005 #13
    It would probably freak me out a bit but in the end I would have thought it was an interesting experience, or wound up hurting someone that was trying to play a practical joke on me.

15. Aug 11, 2005 #14

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Relax, they're just bringing you your meds. :tongue:

16. Aug 11, 2005 #15

Mk

Not-tah-prah-blem! I always keep a loaded Reminger under my pillow.

The strongest visual hallucination I've had, oh I just thought of another one.

I was mortally ill a few years ago, and I had some terrible hallucinations. Not of things. But everything in my bedroom was changing sizes. Sometimes I was small, laying in my bed at the foot of the dresser. Sometimes the ceiling was so close to my body I could reach out and touch it. Things that moved, seemed to move faster, as if a videotape had be fast-forwarded 4x. But it was all in my head... well of course it was, but I mean in a mind over matter sort of sense. When someone was perceived to be moving quickly, I was very scared, and I told them to slow down. They looked at me kind of funny and stayed at the same agility. Though not to me. After they looked at me strange, I saw them as moving naturally.

It just occurred to me that I would like to learn more about this. I'll check Wikipedia soon.

The first one I was going to type in, was when I thought a ceiling fan was a bowling pin.

I used to listen to the same Mozart CD, all night, every night. For years. It was common (several times a week) that I would hallucinate the CD playing. I would hear it, from song to song, in the same order as on the CD, even if the CD wasn't playing.

17. Aug 11, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

I'm still waiting for an atheist's reply. :shy:
    By the way, I wanted to know what you would think about this situation if it would ever happen. I didn't ask you it happened to me and what you would think it was. :devil:

:rofl: :rofl: I rememeber I was terribely sick once and I'd slept. My Mothr came and put her hand on my face to see if I had a fever, I suddenly got up in panic :uhh: .I asked her not to do t again even if she thought I was dying.

18. Aug 12, 2005 #17

Lisa!

Gold Member

arildno, you must have lots of crayons! :wink:

No smarty! I am trying to find out why some people can't sleep anything at night and they have headaches during the day. :wink: You know it's important to know what they think of this situation. So we can find out waht they do during the day(mainly night) how prevent them from falling to sleep. :uhh:
    More clarification?

19. Aug 12, 2005 #18
    Look up macropsia and micropsia.
    I have no idea what this is called, but I have read accounts of it before. I would be very interested if anyone knows more about it. It's opposite also occurs: everything can seem slowed down to a person.

20. Aug 12, 2005 #19
    I hate sleep paralysis. I've had it four times, two of those with hallucinations, two without.

21. Aug 12, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

You called? Since the Horsemen relieved me of my firearms pending my trial, I guess that I would resort to my less conventional weapons. Whoever it is would either 'fess up to playing a prank, or not leave the room alive. I almost killed my own mother when I was about 18 because she came into my room without knocking and woke me up, much like your situation except a bit more oriented to my way of doing things. It's not a good idea to sneak up on someone who keeps a .44 magnum under the 'guest' pillow (well, when I had guests it was on the night-stand).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?