Wolf Spider

You guys are lucky you don't have to live with huntsmen. They're like bloody monsters. Not unusual to see huntsmen 20cm long here. When I was little my cat used to chase them, I'm surprised she was never bitten. I'm actually really scared of spiders, but I'm ok with huntsmen, I guess cause you can see them coming, I hate when spiders sneak up on me.

turbo

Gold Member
Spiders are not bad! You might think they are creepy, but they are probably not that pleased to see you either. They have a place, as do we.

Last edited:

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
turbo-1 said:
They have a place, as do we.
And as long as they stay in their place and out of my place, they can go on doing whatever it is they like to do. :biggrin: They are more than welcome to hang around outside, under the porch lamp even, but when they cross the threshold, they are informed that they are unwelcome guests. :devil:

turbo

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
And as long as they stay in their place and out of my place, they can go on doing whatever it is they like to do. :biggrin: They are more than welcome to hang around outside, under the porch lamp even, but when they cross the threshold, they are informed that they are unwelcome guests. :devil:
Moonie, these fellows are predators, and they might prevent a most unwelcome attack on your home. They are the little "pit bulls" that keep the insect "rats" at bay. Make room for them, and you will be happy They won't prey on you, but on the insects that might invade your space.

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
turbo-1 said:
Moonie, these fellows are predators, and they might prevent a most unwelcome attack on your home. They are the little "pit bulls" that keep the insect "rats" at bay. Make room for them, and you will be happy They won't prey on you, but on the insects that might invade your space.
That's why they're welcome to hang around the porch lights. :biggrin: They should gobble the insects BEFORE they get into the house, not leave me cleaning up their messy dinner dishes (i.e., the floor under their web) after the insects get into the house. Spiders just don't clean up after themselves at all. :rolleyes:

DaveC426913

Gold Member
My rule is: if you're not paying rent, out you go. That applies equally to centipedes, spiders, mice and teenagers.

I prolly would have been OK with centipedes if I didn't know that they bite.

Especially at night. In the winter. When they're hungry.

(Which, come to think of it, also applies to teenagers...)