Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Woman gets 363 million Euro social security money

1. Apr 17, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I my newspaper the other day :biggrin:.. a 39 year old woman had to rub her eyes when she looked at her account balance: an amount of 363 million Euros had been transferred to her account, underneath it said 'corrective transfer action', the money is being returned to her. Turned out that a cityworker had made a mistake when doing a social security transaction and instead of transferring 45 Euros to the bankaccount, the bankaccount number itself got transferred :eek:

363 million Euros..

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 17, 2004 #2
    I say: Grab it and straight to the Bahamas! :biggrin:

4. Apr 17, 2004 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Geeze, even I would have sent a nice thank you note, taken the money (assuming, naturally, that the government does not make mistakes) and taken off to some tropical island, after getting a new identity, of course. :tongue:

5. Apr 17, 2004 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Apr 17, 2004 #5
    Dutch is not my strength (but it looks funny for a german-talker :smile: )

Tja, where there are people working there are made mistakes. I've seen something similar in an association I'm a member of: one day the bank made a crediting of about 400'000 Swiss francs (maybe 300'000 Euro) onto the association account:smile: ...But they detected the mistake right the next day :frown:

7. Apr 17, 2004 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

8. Apr 17, 2004 #7
    Yes, thanks for the article :biggrin: Who knew speaking Dutch would have a use on an international physics forum one day?

With that kind of money...I would start thinking which country I wanted to take over :cool:
    I believe it is possible to rent Lichtenstein for a few days. I wonder how much it would cost to buy it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?