Woman vs. Woman

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date

Lisa!

Gold Member
What do you think about this term?

It's grammatically incorrect. Versus is abbreviated to either 'v.' or 'vs' but never 'vs.'.

And don't even get me started on the double subject nouns.

Archon

Smurf said:
It's grammatically incorrect. Versus is abbreviated to either 'v.' or 'vs' but never 'vs.'.
Something tells me that wasn't what she was asking about :smile: .

My Response: It depends on the context.

Archon

Something just occured to me: you could simply shorten this to "women." You wouldn't lose any information, and it's grammatically correct :smile: !

Edit: Added sign of sarcasm, before it was too late. please don't kill me

Last edited by a moderator:
Archon said:
Something tells me that wasn't what she was asking about :smile: .

My Response: It depends on the context.
Well of course. I hate these treads where someone asks 'What do you think/what does this mean to you?" without giving any context for it. So I've resorted to pointing out technicalities and other completely-not-what-they-meant things.

quasar987

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Lisa! said:
What do you think about this term?
I think about blond twins in their underwear pillow-fighting.

Lisa!

Gold Member
What about this? I always see vs. as an abreviation for versus. You can check some sport site!

Anyway, I'll tell you later why I'm geting your ideas about that!

Lisa!

Gold Member
Smurf said:
Well of course. I hate these treads where someone asks 'What do you think/what does this mean to you?" without giving any context for it. So I've resorted to pointing out technicalities and other completely-not-what-they-meant things.
But this time you weren't true about them. At first I wanted to give you the context like what I always do. But you know people just get stuck on that specific context and it's not good. For example once I asked about 'how to give bad news' and I gave them an example of my friend's bf! I know I was guilty not to explain more about what I meant, but you know anyway it didn't help alot!
In this case I didn't say anything what I mean because I thought some people might say "it's not true at all"!

Lisa! said:
But this time you weren't true about them. At first I wanted to give you the context like what I always do. But you know people just get stuck on that specific context and it's not good. For example once I asked about 'how to give bad news' and I gave them an example of my friend's bf! I know I was guilty not to explain more about what I meant, but you know anyway it didn't help alot!
In this case I didn't say anything what I mean because I thought some people might say "it's not true at all"!
Maybe it's not true?

Lisa!

Gold Member
Smurf said:
Maybe it's not true?
Yeah, maybe. And how could I talk about an imaginary thing? So first I neeed to ask if there's such a thing.

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Go here Lisa:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78479 [Broken]

Lisa!

Gold Member
loseyourname said:
Go here Lisa:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78479 [Broken]

Great! But I didn't mean that!
It's not strange if men could get along with women better than women with women.But it seems that some women couldn't stand another woman at all. Lots of my freinds(female ones of course) say that they can't get along with thier female colleagues at all. And they treat each other like enemies.
I noticed that women are quite easygoing about what they hear from a man but if a woman tell them something, they always take it so serious and think she's trying to spoil them...

My older sister worked with her colleague for over 10 years but never recognized that he was a gay till the day she said she loved him. We call it *woman x gaymale*

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
It's probably an evolutionary thing. Women are natural competitors. They compete for men to have their children. Men don't have the same problem because they're perfectly willing to share women - once they've impregnated one, she's free game to the larger population again.

(Note: Please don't take this with complete seriousness.)

Lisa!

Gold Member
loseyourname said:
It's probably an evolutionary thing. Women are natural competitors. They compete for men to have their children. Men don't have the same problem because they're perfectly willing to share women - once they've impregnated one, she's free game to the larger population again.

(Note: Please don't take this with complete seriousness.)

Why not? You say whatever you like and then you say not totake it serious! :devil: :grumpy: :rofl:

:biggrin: I think men also compete for women, although many men I have met never have had even a slightest chance to be attended by the the ones they are trying to draw attention.
But they never give it up in despair, they look for other ways around to poke fun at it instead. Why ????? just that Man is always selfish in love....Take it seriously please...
:biggrin:

Am I on crack or something? What in the hell are you all talking about? I see "Woman vs. Woman", the exact same word vs itself.

Lisa!

Gold Member
mattmns said:
Am I on crack or something? What in the hell are you all talking about? I see "Woman vs. Woman", the exact same word vs itself.
:rofl: :rofl: No smarty. 2 people with the same sex vs each other!

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Smurf said:
Is that Canadian grammar, or Microsoft Grammar Check grammar? Abbreviations should be followed by a period, and vs. is an acceptable abbreviation (I've only seen v. used in court cases until recently; it's ambiguous because it can be an abbreviation for about 10 other things too, like verb). And I just confirmed this with Webster's.

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member
I learnt that, like Smurf has shown, that abbreviations that end with the same letter as the word ends do not have a full stop, like Dr, Mr, St .

Lisa!

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Is that Canadian grammar, or Microsoft Grammar Check grammar? Abbreviations should be followed by a period, and vs. is an acceptable abbreviation (I've only seen v. used in court cases until recently; it's ambiguous because it can be an abbreviation for about 10 other things too, like verb). And I just confirmed this with Webster's.
Thanks. It helped alot. :smile:

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member
Moonbear said:
:confused: Maybe these guys are abbreviating using the first 's' in 'versus' in their abbreviation. :smile:

dduardo

Staff Emeritus
Woman vs. Woman = Cat Fight

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
fi said:
I learnt that, like Smurf has shown, that abbreviations that end with the same letter as the word ends do not have a full stop, like Dr, Mr, St .
Nope, those are all supposed to have a period after them too; it signifies it is an abbreviation.