Is Crime Really on the Rise?

In summary, the conversation discusses various topics related to crime and gender, including statistics, search volumes, and perceptions of women in regards to crime. The sources provided suggest that there may be an increase in female involvement in crime, particularly drug use, and that this trend may continue in the future. However, there is a debate over how to accurately quantify and measure these issues.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Another statistic i wonder is true.

http://www.ncpa.org/pi/crime/pd081299h.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's true.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7963/1205744191895qz9.png [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you quantify "womens rights"?

Hmm, I guess that the search volume for womens rights and crime rates decreases in the middle of the year because it's summer and kids aren't searching for it for school.

I don't see how search volumes for the terms indicates that female crime rates are up however.

I think it is obvious, more women are using drugs, why do think drugs are a male thing?
I think it is only a matter of time before the females are dominant in crime

1. Is crime really on the rise?

This is a common question that is asked whenever there is a perceived increase in crime rates. The answer to this question is not a simple yes or no. It depends on various factors such as the type of crime, location, and time period being compared. It is important to look at statistics and data over a longer period of time to accurately determine if crime is truly on the rise.

2. What factors contribute to the rise in crime?

There are many factors that can contribute to a rise in crime, including socioeconomic issues, drug use, access to weapons, and inadequate law enforcement. It is important to examine these factors in order to understand the root causes of crime and address them effectively.

3. Are certain demographics more likely to commit crime?

This is a complex question that cannot be answered definitively. However, studies have shown that certain demographics, such as young males and individuals living in poverty, may be more at risk for committing crimes. It is important to address the underlying issues that may lead to criminal behavior in these demographics.

4. How do crime rates vary across different regions?

Crime rates can vary greatly across different regions due to factors such as population density, economic conditions, and cultural norms. It is important to analyze crime rates on a local level to understand the specific factors that may be contributing to crime in a particular area.

5. What methods are used to measure crime rates?

There are several methods used to measure crime rates, including surveys, victimization reports, and official police reports. Each method has its own limitations and it is important to consider all sources when analyzing crime data. Additionally, some crimes may go unreported or undetected, making it difficult to accurately measure crime rates.