Women are better at just about everything

• Thread starter DanP
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, Dan Abrams talks about why women are better than men at just about everything. He explains that women have naturally faster reflexes, see a wider range of colours, and often have superior sense of smell. Men are also the majority of sociopaths, serial killers, and sexual predators. He goes on to say that the averages of women in certain fields are higher than the averages of men. However, this information is meaningless because there are different types of women and men. Men still have an advantage in certain areas, such as being better at starting wars. Overall, this conversation provides a summary of why women are better than men.
DanP
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/why-women-really-are-better-at-almost-everything-q-a-with-author-dan-abrams-2460114/

Turns out, chicks are better than us at just about everything they do. We are left with better driving, better map reading, and better vision, better at some sports and starting wars. (as hinted by pf.com warlord Greg)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
So true.

Evo said:
So true.

Remember that if we ever get lost in the woods together :P

Vagino-Americans look better than men too.

Can a woman throw a football 80 yards? didn't think so. men rule! oh, and men are better at starting wars :D

Greg Bernhardt said:
Can a woman throw a football 80 yards? didn't think so. men rule! oh, and men are better at starting wars :D

I updated my initial post with the war thing. Undeniably, we are adepts at that. We own.

DanP said:
Remember that if we ever get lost in the woods together :P
I have an uncanny sense of direction.

Evo said:

We ride N by NW :P

DanP said:
We ride N by NW :P

:rofl:

Still, women are better pilots given the chance.

nismaratwork said:
:rofl:

Still, women are better pilots given the chance.

Who the hell will give them the chance ?

Evo said:
I think I might be sensitive to light-polarization. I always carry a compass with me when I am hunting in an unfamiliar tract of forest, but I rarely even glance at it, even on overcast days.

Evo said:
So true.

Yes, true, but we're not supposed to say it out loud, Evo. Their ignorance is a bliss, I'd hate to burst it...

DanP said:
Who the hell will give them the chance ?

We do, Israel does...

I'd add, men are the VAST majority of sociopaths, serial killers, sexual predators (especially pedophiles)... HUGELY out of proportion really.

I dislike how people are collectivized into such general demographics.

The averages of women in certain fields are higher than the averages of men.

That is meaningless, as there are different types of women and men.

Why must the strongest members of a group be pulled down by the weakest members by averages all of their strengths and weaknesses?

During 36 years of marriage, my wife and I have divided some jobs based on who is better at what. I'm better at making sauces and marinades and coming up with new ones to fit unique situations. She is better at baking and bread-making, and is constantly working to improve the bread-making. If something is going to get brined, smoked, BBQ'd, etc, those are my responsibilities. She can't read a map to save her soul, but if we have been some place before, she is pretty good at pointing out where we need to switch lanes and prepare to turn, etc.

Another thing: I have to remember to drive her car every couple of months or so. Something could be going wrong, and she'd generally not pick it up until things were getting serious.

jduster said:
I dislike how people are collectivized into such general demographics.

The averages of women in certain fields are higher than the averages of men.

That is meaningless, as there are different types of women and men.

Why must the strongest members of a group be pulled down by the weakest members by averages all of their strengths and weaknesses?

Why is a chain no stronger than its weakest link?

easytouse said:

excelent question!
I tested this out with games I played too, It is true that I can win beasts with higher levels sometimes and fail for many basic ones. In my school exams, this happens too, almost. I failed 2 tests last semester, for very basic questions but I passed several more difficult ones with B up to A+.

Well, what if you're playing a multiplayer Co-op game? One person can ruin the whole thing, and good communication can win it for you. Still, it just takes one to drag everyone down... much as a bad apple will indeed spoil the rest given time.

I love cat fights. Watch them all the time on YouTube.

I'm on topic, right?

Newai said:
I love cat fights. Watch them all the time on YouTube.

I'm on topic, right?

Hmmm... I never understood the attraction of two women engaged in violence. Kissing... now that's just... fantastic.

Pity you can't see this. [URL]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/winking/winking0026.gif[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Femme_physics said:
Yes, true, but we're not supposed to say it out loud, Evo. Their ignorance is a bliss, I'd hate to burst it...

Don't confuse denial or insecurity with ignorance. :wink:

i have to admit, i have trouble even making a sandwich. sandwiches are better when women make them.

Proton Soup said:
i have to admit, i have trouble even making a sandwich. sandwiches are better when women make them.

I am the same. Making food is just about terrifying to me.

However, I think that book is absurd. Women are definitely not better than men at everything as a whole. I don't see how he can support this theory in any way.

If you read the link you would also see that this guy is claiming women are better than men at video games. I don't even feel like that statement deserves a rebuttal. It seems like his marketing ploy for this book is "Make ridiculous claims in hopes that people buy the book so they can try and prove me wrong". Just my two cents.

dacruick said:
I am the same. Making food is just about terrifying to me.

However, I think that book is absurd. Women are definitely not better than men at everything as a whole. I don't see how he can support this theory in any way.

If you read the link you would also see that this guy is claiming women are better than men at video games. I don't even feel like that statement deserves a rebuttal. It seems like his marketing ploy for this book is "Make ridiculous claims in hopes that people buy the book so they can try and prove me wrong". Just my two cents.

hmm... a lot of it does seem silly. psychology shows that results favor persons with a bit of an androgenous brain. that might be a little easier for women to embrace in this culture. the other thing is that i suspect the sort of skills that are highly valued in this modern, post-industrial society are shifting in the favor of female skill sets. even in more male-dominated disciplines like engineering, the men have been so successful at their art that they've automated much of their old tasks.

nismaratwork said:
Women ... often have superior sense of smell.

And they usually smell better than men.

I like where this general trend is heading. After centuries of women getting whatever they want with little effort by telling men they're just better at doing things than women, we're finally catching on and reversing the tables.

BobG said:

I like where this general trend is heading. After centuries of women getting whatever they want with little effort by telling men they're just better at doing things than women, we're finally catching on and reversing the tables.

Maybe my girlfriend will hold the door for me next time

Women are the reason God hates men.

BobG said:
And they look a lot better than men too. Thank god for their better vision skills!

I reject this reality and substitute my own, id est, Men are better.

I have discovered if I show that I am better doing something, then I get stuck doing it.
I agree with Kevin, men are better, and they should do everything with their big strong muscles{flutters eyes}, and their highly superior brains{slowly puts on lip gloss}. Now you wait right there, I got to put a pie in the oven.

I finished competing in this arena about five years ago.

Women may be safer drivers, but that doesn't make them better drivers. When one can manage a curve with a 90 mph power slide on a gravel road, we can talk about better. :biggrin:

Funny thing wrt to the farmers around here. It used to be that young men were hired to run the big equipement during the harvest season. But by far the farmers now prefer to hire young women. Why? When you put two young men in a field with combines, you have a race!

Men are better at writing their name in the snow while peeing.

waht said:
Men are better at writing their name in the snow while peeing.

Women can do that, but not very well. You can't read it due to all the footsteps.