Women only

  • #1
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
I was tempted to crash the men only party early on, but they seem to have a nice dynamic going. So I think the women should have a party of their own. :smile:
Just to get things going, I've been thinking lately about if, when, and why I might have children. Or, I've also been thinking about if, when, and why I might get a tattoo- and of what. I'd appreciate other women's perspectives on either or other issues. :smile:
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
Get a tattoo of a baby and kill two birds with one stone? Oops, I'm not even supposed to be here. Sorry.
 
  • #3
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
CALL HIM! If he doesn't want to date you because you're a klutz, then it's better to find out now. If he really does like you, this little incident will not matter. CALL HIM!

Just a bit of party-crashing..
 
  • #4
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
arildno said:
CALL HIM! If he doesn't want to date you because you're a klutz, then it's better to find out now. If he really does like you, this little incident will not matter. CALL HIM!

Just a bit of party-crashing..
It's not crashing if you're invited:
Gza in men only party said:
but now i ask your help as a fellow man/woman(would love to hear your opinons moonbear/evo/mth), what do i do?

And neither of you were invited. :tongue2: Ugh, men! :rolleyes:
 
  • #5
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
Knock, Knock.
 
  • #6
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
wolram said:
Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
 
  • #7
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
honestrosewater said:
It's not crashing if you're invited:

And neither of you were invited. :tongue2: Ugh, men! :rolleyes:
Men have that nasty habit of slipping into places where they absolutely don't belong.
Positively horrid creatures, really.
 
  • #8
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
arildno said:
Men have that nasty habit of slipping into places where they absolutely don't belong.
Positively horrid creatures, really.
If you're a man, and you're in here, you'd better be wearing a dress*. If yours are at the cleaners, you can borrow Smurf's.

*Current exceptions to this rule:
Astronuc.
 
  • #9
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
Pulling out..this wasn't my place really.
 
  • #10
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
I have a better idea for a topic: penectomy. Partial or total? It's practice throughout civilization. Thoughts? Pictures welcome.
 
Last edited:
  • #11
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
honestrosewater said:
Who's there?

Me of course, sorry for the intrusion but i am told there are some ladies here
that like a drop of beer, we are in the room above, no its bellow now, good
trick that, sorry, i thought we could pool our resources and you could join us.
 
  • #12
pattylou
303
0
honestrosewater said:
Just to get things going, I've been thinking lately about if, when, and why I might have children. Or, I've also been thinking about if, when, and why I might get a tattoo- and of what. I'd appreciate other women's perspectives on either or other issues. :smile:

yeah. The bummer about having kids is that you aren't supposed to drink when you're pregnant. Really cramps your style, you know? I mean, what I like best is to sit around belching moosepiss and coors light. Getting plastered, falling down, passing out, and not remembering it the next day. Of course, tattoos are easiest to get when you're drunk.

Man. that's the best. And you can't do it when you're pregnant. Tattoos either.

So, what's the men's party about? Needlepoint and cooking?
 
  • #13
pattylou
303
0
honestrosewater said:
I have a better idea for a topic: penectomy. Partial or total? It's practice throughout civilization. Thoughts? Pictures welcome.
Hmmm. I'd have to vote for enhancement, myself.

I also thought we could start talking about women's toys after a few more drinks. Any good vendors for that? Maybe one of us could host a house party.
 
  • #14
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
wolram said:
Me of course, sorry for the intrusion but i am told there are some ladies here
that like a drop of beer, we are in the room above, no its bellow now, good
trick that, sorry, i thought we could pool our resources and you could join us.
Okay, wolram is on the dress exception list too. It's up to everyone else (so that would be, um, 1, 2, ... yes, patty and myself). Patty?
 
  • #15
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
pattylou said:
yeah. The bummer about having kids is that you aren't supposed to drink when you're pregnant. Really cramps your style, you know? I mean, what I like best is to sit around belching moosepiss and coors light. Getting plastered, falling down, passing out, and not remembering it the next day. Of course, tattoos are easiest to get when you're drunk.

Man. that's the best. And you can't do it when you're pregnant. Tattoos either.

So, what's the men's party about? Needlepoint and cooking?
Yes, men sure are stupid (that is what you meant, ay?). :rofl:
 
  • #16
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
pattylou said:
Hmmm. I'd have to vote for enhancement, myself.

I also thought we could start talking about women's toys after a few more drinks. Any good vendors for that? Maybe one of us could host a house party.
Sounds like a blast. The men should all be passed out by then.
 
  • #17
pattylou
303
0
honestrosewater said:
Okay, wolram is on the dress exception list too. It's up to everyone else (so that would be, um, 1, 2, ... yes, patty and myself). Patty?

Oh OK. He doesn't have to wear a dress. But he has to help with the dishes.
 
  • #18
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
pattylou said:
Hmmm. I'd have to vote for enhancement, myself.

I also thought we could start talking about women's toys after a few more drinks. Any good vendors for that? Maybe one of us could host a house party.

I could buy you a dollie or a wendy house.
 
  • #19
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
arildno said:
Men have that nasty habit of slipping into places where they absolutely don't belong...
... and then burning you with "hot coals".
 
  • #20
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
arildno said:
Men have that nasty habit of slipping into places where they absolutely don't belong...
... and then never calling you when they said they would.
 
  • #21
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
pattylou said:
Oh OK. He doesn't have to wear a dress. But he has to help with the dishes.
:rofl: No, his suggestion.
 
  • #22
El Hombre Invisible
691
0
arildno said:
Men have that nasty habit of slipping into places where they absolutely don't belong...
... and install governments sympathetic to the cause.

okay, I'm bored now.
 
  • #23
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
pattylou said:
Oh OK. He doesn't have to wear a dress. But he has to help with the dishes.

Aha i am an expert with dishes, dishier the better.
 
  • #24
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
Maybe Cressida was right. Okay, all men are welcome here, come on over. :smile:
 
  • #25
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
honestrosewater said:
Maybe Cressida was right. Okay, all men are welcome here, come on over. :smile:

Come on guys the other ones have given us an invite, now then where are
those dishy dishes.
 
  • #26
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
wolram said:
Come on guys the other ones have given us an invite, now then where are
those dishy dishes.
Hmm, my plan seems to be backfiring. False, false Cressid!
 
  • #27
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
Okay, I guess if you're washing dishes, that's fine. Just watch out for the garbage disposal- I hear it isn't what it seems. You might lose more than an arm. :wink:
 
  • #28
pattylou
303
0
honestrosewater said:
Hmm, my plan seems to be backfiring. False, false Cressid!
:rofl:

Wolram: you'll find the dishes in the kitchen sink. Please be careful with the pans, they have a non-stick coating so do not put them in the dishwasher and do not use a scouring pad on thiem.

The casserole has a lot of baked on gunk around the rim. I expect you to get that off, completely. The fine crystal goes in the buffet. Please hand dry and for God's sake don't chip any, it belonged to honestrosewater's great-grandmother. It's irreplaceable. (I cannot believe you were drinking beer out of a 100 year old wine stem.)
 
  • #29
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,828
53
Geez, you know, men-only and women-only parties are boring. :rolleyes: Well, at least I grabbed some of iansmith's homebrew while I was over at the guy's place and brought it back for us. Don't think I'm going to sit here sipping tea and talking about having children.

Now, what was that idea Patty had about toys? Men have no idea how quickly they can be replaced by just a few of those and an electric blanket. :devil:
 
  • #30
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,136
5
pattylou said:
(I cannot believe you were drinking beer out of a 100 year old wine stem.)
At least they didn't try to crush it on their foreheads when finished. :wink:
 
  • #31
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
Gordon bennit, that Pattylou is a hard task master, how can you have non stick
pans with stuff stuck to them, and if those glasses are so old its about time
rose got some new ones, scouring pads?? i will get my wire brush, this lot will
only take five minutes if i have some help and drop a few.
What was that other lady talking about, replacing men :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh
my you poor thing, i think she had one sip over six, where the electric blanket
fits in i have no idea, and she rabbits on about toys, well it is just good
fortune that us guys are here to keep the dear things feet on the ground.
Ok washing ups done, and i need beer.
 
  • #32
hypatia
1,189
9
http://web.dollarsbydesign.com/briteties/images/thumbs/butterfly15_tm75.jpg [Broken] The guy I'm dateing has several tatoo's and is trying to talk me into getting one. But I hate needles.
Also my mother..lol says I can't have one, even tho I told her IF I got one it would be on my bottom.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #33
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
hypatia said:
http://web.dollarsbydesign.com/briteties/images/thumbs/butterfly15_tm75.jpg [Broken] The guy I'm dateing has several tatoo's and is trying to talk me into getting one. But I hate needles.
Also my mother..lol says I can't have one, even tho I told her IF I got one it would be on my bottom.

Red bull gives you wings.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #34
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,828
53
hypatia said:
http://web.dollarsbydesign.com/briteties/images/thumbs/butterfly15_tm75.jpg [Broken] The guy I'm dateing has several tatoo's and is trying to talk me into getting one. But I hate needles.
Also my mother..lol says I can't have one, even tho I told her IF I got one it would be on my bottom.
I've been told tattoo artists recommend avoiding the 3 B's (butts, boobs and bellies). All three are prone to, um, shape-shifting with age. Better to pick a place where your butterfly's wings won't be drooping after a few years.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #35
Kerrie
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
841
15
what's this about tatoos and child bearing?

I AM PREGNANT AND I HAVE 2 TATOOS!

How's THAT for perspective! :tongue2:

Ladies, childbearing is truly an experience that can give you a new perspective about being a woman and having some real strength. So you can't drink, big deal, there's plenty of time in life for that. I plan to have a big glass of champaigne within hours of giving birth for this one! (maybe not, i might be a little bit tired).

As far as tatoos, get one that expresses who you are, have been, and will be...not one that is just for the moment. I have my astrological glyph right under my (growing) belly button, and a yin-yang between my shoulder blades. It doesn't hurt, even when you are sober.
 

Suggested for: Women only

  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
752
Replies
19
Views
2K
Replies
13
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
748
  • Last Post
Replies
34
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
525
Replies
5
Views
1K
Replies
7
Views
1K
Top