Womens tights, i dont believe it

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: Yep I'm serious.Nope, -40C, and that's just landlocked central Saskatchewan for you...Thanks for the clarification, Captain! So it's not just for athletes, then?The coldest average temp in Saskatoon is -23C, but it can be much, much colder than that. For instance, in January 1945, the average temperature in Saskatoon was -48.9C.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I was talking to this guy about feeling the cold, he told me that athletes wear women's tights
to keep warm, i told him he must be nuts if i were to believe him, imagine going to a public loo
and having to disrobe to get your pecker out.
so was he being honest or just pulling my leg?

Physics news on Phys.org

wolram said:
I was talking to this guy about feeling the cold, he told me that athletes wear women's tights
to keep warm, i told him he must be nuts if i were to believe him, imagine going to a public loo
and having to disrobe to get your pecker out.
so was he being honest or just pulling my leg?
A lot of men do, Captain Kirk wears women's pantyhose when he rides horses. He got Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) to wear them.

But there are men's thermal underwear.

Evo said:
A lot of men do, Captain Kirk wears women's pantyhose when he rides horses. He got Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) to wear them.
TMI. And no images, please. That would be way, way too much information.

But there are men's thermal underwear.
Modern underwear designed for skiing (for instance) is a lot closer to women's tights than it is to the bulky long johns of old.

I bough tights for a winter biking. Something like this:

tights.jpg

I am surprised how warm they are.

Evo said:

You do realize that this post will result in a Trekker mass suicide, right?

Borek said:
Something like this:

Hey! I said no images, please!

Next thing you know the female members of our staff will start posting images of men in tights that absolutely fry their brains.

It is well documented that the sight of women in bikinis fry men's brains: http://www.jstor.org/pss/10.1086/525505. (And yes, this journal is listed in Reuter-Thomson.) I'm sure a similar effect exists on women. The advertising world certainly must think this effect exists.

Borek said:
I bough tights for a winter biking. Something like this:

tights.jpg

I am surprised how warm they are.

Omg, this is getting more extreme, where is the fly hole? one would have to strip all most
naked to have a pee.

By DH
Next thing you know the female members of our staff will start posting images of men in tights that absolutely fry their brains.
Hang on a minute just getting my tights on, will post image in a bit.

Here's the male counterpart:

http://www.seattlepi.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=978362&width=628&height=471

Last edited by a moderator:

For everyday use I just use thermal underwear, but I do a lot of biking up here no matter the weather. When I'm biking in January or early February it's usually in excess of -40C and for those days I wear biking tights and thermal underwear.

Men in tights?

robinhood.jpg

Stay tuned for : Borek vs D H in Mentor Wars... I feel a thread lock here coming soon to a theatre near you.

Rhody... :devil:

P.S.
Captain Kirk wears women's pantyhose when he rides horses. He got Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) to wear them.

Picture William Shatner in tights today, Yikes...

Does this help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf3oOQq9KFU

rhody said:
Stay tuned for : Borek vs D H in Mentor Wars... I feel a thread lock here coming soon to a theatre near you.

Rhody... :devil:

P.S.

Picture William Shatner in tights today, Yikes...

I think Borek would look good in panty hose, as long as he shaves his legs first.

rhody said:
Stay tuned for : Borek vs D H in Mentor Wars...

Maybe like this?

20100522013818_Stipe_Miocic_vs_Paul_Barry_0004_JPG_large.jpg

:devil:

KrisOhn said:
For everyday use I just use thermal underwear, but I do a lot of biking up here no matter the weather. When I'm biking in January or early February it's usually in excess of -40C and for those days I wear biking tights and thermal underwear.

-40C?

are you serious? you must live in siberia with temp that low

Skins are pretty popular these days. My sister wears them for exercise, but so do plenty of guys. The compression they provide enhances oxygen flow to the muscles apparently.

http://www.skins.net

I used to run, but I wore shorts. :P

arabianights said:
-40C?

I'm sure he really meant -40F.

arabianights said:
-40C?

Yep I'm serious.

lisab said:

Nope, -40C, and that's just landlocked central Saskatchewan for you...
The coldest average temp in Saskatoon is -23C, but it can be much, much colder than that.

^-40C is -40F yeah? they're the same.
I don't even wear tights or thermal underwear when I ski. Just under armour coldgear sweatpants and snowpants. I guess they might be warm. I never tried it.

lisab said:

you do realize that -40F is the same as -40C, right?:cool:

I was not aware that tights were specifically womens attire.

arabianights said:

:tongue2:

arabianights said:
:redface:

lisab said:
:tongue2:

i learned that fact from watching Stargate Continuum, when they're trapped in Antarctic :smile:

arabianights said:
i learned that fact from watching Stargate Continuum, when they're trapped in Antarctic :smile:

I learned that firsthand when I was a student at the University of Alaska Fairbanks!

Well also, I can do the math haha

Kinase said:
^-40C is -40F yeah? they're the same.

A common mistake. 40F is much, MUCH colder than -40F.

An American goes out on a day when it's -40F and his frank & beans freeze solid and fall off.

A Canadian goes out on a day when it's -40C and has to put a hat on.

My boss in HS was a class-A ski-racer. I was ski patrol, and he was the boss. He used to wear nylon socks so that he could don his thin insulated socks to race with. 40+ years ago, custom fitted boots were unheard of. Times have changed.

Drakkith said:
I was not aware that tights were specifically womens attire.

:confused: what planet do you come from :smile: or have i missed something in my 60yrs of life.

Tights are non-manly around here. Still, it would not behoove you to criticize the boss for wearing nylons to prevent chafing and blisters. He was a monster on the slopes. One year, he challenged everybody to try to race him down the intermediate trail. Every Sunday, we'd have a timed competition. It would cost you 50 cents to enter, and if you could get within 5 seconds of his time over that 1.5mile trail, you'd win a two-day pass to the mountain. He didn't have to hand out many passes. At 50 cents per challenger, the operators of the mountain did quite well.

These days, challenges like that would be forbidden, due to "legal issues".

Time to kill this thread, AFAICMO 99.9% of males do not wear panty hose.

wolram said:
Time to kill this thread, AFAICMO 99.9% of males do not wear panty hose.
What if the .01% is Joe Namath? We have to have priorities.

turbo said:
What if the .01% is Joe Namath? We have to have priorities.

who is Joe Namath?

AH, Found him.

Joseph William "Joe" Namath nicknamed "Broadway Joe" or "Joe Willie", is a former American football quarterback. He played college football for the University ...

willie, is almost wollie.

wolram said:
who is Joe Namath?

is that the Native American athlete who many called the Greatest Athlete? he exceled in every sport which he played.