1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wood's Coefficient of Friction

1. Oct 1, 2008 #1
    1. The coefficent for friction on wood.

i dont know where to find the math because im not taking engineering or whatever subject it is if i got the wrong area. Im taking biology and i cant find the equation. its a smooth piece of plywood.

this isnt homework but for my science fair project. i need help

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2008 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Oct 1, 2008 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Re: bibliography

I googled coefficient of friction for wood, and got lots of good hits. Here's the hit list:

http://www.google.com/search?source...en___US232&q=coefficient+of+friction+for+wood

THe first hit on the list looks like it will give you what you need. Have fun on the project, and welcome to the PF.

I'm changing the title of this thread from "bibliography" to "Wood's Coefficient of Friction" -- probably just a simple mistake as you were starting the thread.

EDIT -- Ack! Edged out by dlgoff again!

5. Oct 2, 2008 #4
    how do i make a sig? i looked under the control pannel and it didnt say anything. i see alota people with signatures

6. Oct 2, 2008 #5

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's one of the perks for being a contributing member. Go to the Upgrade link at the top of this page to contribute.

Regards

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?