Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

WooHoo! It's the deadly kind!

1. Oct 30, 2008 #1
    I just found a scorpion in my apartment. It was just kicking back on the tile in the bathroom. good thing I saw it because I've been bare foot all day. They say that the bark scorpion can be deadly, but I have been stung by one before and I didn't even come close to dying. I didn't even feel sick. It was painful and it hurt for a few days, but I never considered it life threatening.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2008 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're getting quite a collection of pets these days. Do you still have the puppy?

4. Oct 30, 2008 #3

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Shake your shoes out in the morning. They like to spend the cooler nights in a warmer place. They get pretty fussy if you try and stick your foot in before they decide to roll out of their beds.

5. Oct 30, 2008 #4
    Scorpions are fun. What's its name?

6. Oct 30, 2008 #5
    Send it to me, thats my school mascot...lol. I've NEVER seen one around here, in Northern NM...

7. Oct 30, 2008 #6
    I used to have a pet scorpion. She was an emperor though...

8. Oct 30, 2008 #7
    I watched a show on scorpions a while ago. They are just about the most disagreeable animals on the planet. There is nothing nice about them and I think they attempt to kill and eat every single animal they come into contact with. Including their brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, children, cousins, neighbors, etc.

9. Oct 31, 2008 #8
    I hear that they sometimes go crazy and kill themselves too.

10. Oct 31, 2008 #9
    Apparently they do that if you give them alcohol, or put it on their back. I have never tested this though, seems cruel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?