Wooo West Palm Beach, here I come!

wooo!!! West Palm Beach, here I come!

My first real spring break! I have not taken a real vacation from work and school in years!
One week with my girlfriend doing absolutely nothing!!! Sweet!

I leave tomorrow and if the March 11th shuttle launch does not get scrubbed I will be there to see it.

Anyone know of a good spot to watch a launch that I don't have to pay like a crap load of money to get to?

I winder if Lion Country Safari still exists....oh and Seaworld.......I want to go snorkling too.... what else can I do? Besides eat!

I post some cool pics if there are any! My girl and I ar the absolute whitest people in existence! We are going to stick waaayyyy out!

Ahhhh!

Go to any beach near the Cape, go early. I hope you have a great time.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hope it's a great trip :smile: ...wear sunscreen!

I knew a girl who lived down there for a few years. Crazy night life so if you're into that kind of thing, then live it up dude. Just don't let your girlfriend near the outdoor mall...you may waste a whole entire day at Banana Republic...:yuck:

Go to any beach near the Cape, go early. I hope you have a great time.
Nice!! T minus 12 hours!

Lion Country Safari does indeed still exist. I passed it driving to West Palm a few months ago. The whole city has expanded westward though; You can actually see buildings from the city from the entrance to it.

Watching the shuttle is going to be one cool sight.

Is $53 too much? Theres a thing in the March Discover which talks about a NASA run viewing place. I'll have to go grab the mag.

Yeah here it is. Its the official Visitors Center and is 6 miles from the launch pad. Tickets go fast and must be ordered in advance at www.kctickets.com

Drove 2.5 hours north into Titusville! Got a spot directly across the Indian River. We could see the actual launch pad from where we were! I got it on video with the crappy camera I brought...it has a video option. It was holy crap amazing!!

At 2:30 am it was like daylight! I'll post the video when I get back on Sunday in a new thread....probably in Astronomy events. I'll link it to this thread though.

Going to the JFK Space Center tomorrow.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That is so damn cool :cool: !!!! Can't wait to see the video...what did it sound like?

That is so damn cool :cool: !!!! Can't wait to see the video...what did it sound like?
Sounded like a jet only way deeper and cooler! Kind of like thunder.

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving