Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Wooo West Palm Beach, here I come!

1. Mar 8, 2008 #1
    wooo!!! West Palm Beach, here I come!

My first real spring break! I have not taken a real vacation from work and school in years!
    One week with my girlfriend doing absolutely nothing!!! Sweet!

I leave tomorrow and if the March 11th shuttle launch does not get scrubbed I will be there to see it.

Anyone know of a good spot to watch a launch that I don't have to pay like a crap load of money to get to?

I winder if Lion Country Safari still exists....oh and Seaworld.......I want to go snorkling too.... what else can I do? Besides eat!

I post some cool pics if there are any! My girl and I ar the absolute whitest people in existence! We are going to stick waaayyyy out!

Ahhhh!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2008 #2
    Go to any beach near the Cape, go early. I hope you have a great time.

4. Mar 8, 2008 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hope it's a great trip :smile: ...wear sunscreen!

5. Mar 8, 2008 #4
    I knew a girl who lived down there for a few years. Crazy night life so if you're into that kind of thing, then live it up dude. Just don't let your girlfriend near the outdoor mall...you may waste a whole entire day at Banana Republic...:yuck:

6. Mar 8, 2008 #5
    Nice!! T minus 12 hours!

7. Mar 8, 2008 #6
    Lion Country Safari does indeed still exist. I passed it driving to West Palm a few months ago. The whole city has expanded westward though; You can actually see buildings from the city from the entrance to it.

8. Mar 8, 2008 #7
    Watching the shuttle is going to be one cool sight.

9. Mar 9, 2008 #8
    Is $53 too much? Theres a thing in the March Discover which talks about a NASA run viewing place. I'll have to go grab the mag.

10. Mar 9, 2008 #9
    Yeah here it is. Its the official Visitors Center and is 6 miles from the launch pad. Tickets go fast and must be ordered in advance at www.kctickets.com

11. Mar 12, 2008 #10
    Drove 2.5 hours north into Titusville! Got a spot directly across the Indian River. We could see the actual launch pad from where we were! I got it on video with the crappy camera I brought...it has a video option. It was holy crap amazing!!

At 2:30 am it was like daylight! I'll post the video when I get back on Sunday in a new thread....probably in Astronomy events. I'll link it to this thread though.

Going to the JFK Space Center tomorrow.

12. Mar 12, 2008 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That is so damn cool :cool: !!!! Can't wait to see the video...what did it sound like?

13. Mar 12, 2008 #12
    Sounded like a jet only way deeper and cooler! Kind of like thunder.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?