How can I fix a double post on a forum?

• Thread starter tonequester
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker accidentally double posted the same post and was wondering if there was a way to get rid of one of them. They were advised to report the post or PM a mentor/admin to have it removed. They also mentioned experiencing keyboard sensitivity issues and plan to get a different laptop. They thanked the people who helped them and expressed gratitude for being able to correct the mistake.
tonequester
tonequester here.

I recently double posted the same post. Is there a way to get rid of one of these, after it has been posted. Apologies for being so stupid !

Physics news on Phys.org
Just click the report button at the bottom of the post and request it be removed.

If it's the last or only post in a thread, just click edit and delete.

tonequester said:
tonequester here.

I recently double posted the same post. Is there a way to get rid of one of these, after it has been posted. Apologies for being so stupid !
Sometimes it happens if one inadvertently clicks twice. I've done so before.

As Jimmy indicated, one may report ( [Report] button) the thread/post, or PM one of the mentors/admins. A report notifies the staff.

In general, if you try to edit your post you are presented with the "Delete" option. However, it doesn't work for the first post in the thread - then the report is the only way to go.

Greetings and thanks, to Jimmy, Astronuc, and Borek.

Hey guys ! I really appreciate filling me in on how to correct double post situation. I'm still pretty new to forums, and I have found that such mistakes sometimes incur the wrath of some. My piece of S--- Toshiba laptop's keyboard is ultra sensitive(known problem with this model) and it causes me no end of problems. I am a slow typist, and even being very careful, bizarre things sometimes happens. I don't know if this was the cause of the double post or not. I suddenly "lost" a lengthy email that I was typing last night, when I accidently brushed against the bottom left of said keyboard, this even with the touch pad disabled. I plan to get a different laptop after the holidays. At least now, I can correct this kind of error.

Thanks again, and Best Regards, tonequester.

1. What does "Woops Double Posted Help" mean?

"Woops Double Posted Help" is a phrase used when a person accidentally posts the same message or content twice. It is often followed by a request for assistance in removing or correcting the duplicate post.

2. How does a double post happen?

A double post can occur due to various reasons, such as technical glitches, user error, or a slow internet connection. Sometimes, a person may also accidentally click the "post" button multiple times, resulting in a double post.

3. How can I fix a double post?

If you have accidentally double posted, you can delete one of the posts or edit it to let others know about the mistake. If the post cannot be deleted or edited, you can reach out to the platform's support team for assistance.

4. Is double posting a common issue?

Yes, double posting is a common issue on various online platforms, such as social media, forums, and blogs. As technology and internet connections continue to improve, the occurrence of double posts may decrease, but it is still a common mistake made by users.

5. How can I prevent double posting in the future?

To prevent double posting, you can double-check your content before hitting the "post" button, especially if you have a slow internet connection. Some platforms also have features that prevent duplicate posts, so make sure to familiarize yourself with the platform's guidelines and features.