Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Woot woot

1. Mar 6, 2004 #1

jimmy p

Gold Member

woot woot!!

WOOT!! My cat had 5 cute little pure-bred kittens last night (balinese)!! We are gonna keep all of them which will bring our tally up to 9 cats!! I'm so proud!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2004 #2

Tsu

Gold Member

Re: woot woot!!

Awwww..... How wonderful, Chopnik! Kittens are SO FUN!! (YEEEEOOOUUUCH!!!! Zoobie just attacked my FOOT!!! )

Pictures?????

What are you going to name them? (Name the FEISTY one Tsunami!! )

4. Mar 6, 2004 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You are going to keep 9 cats? That would mean cleaning the litter box every morning ánd evening .. we had 6 cats but at least they were out the whole day and only came home at night to sleep..

5. Mar 6, 2004 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Congratulations!!!!! You will have to post a picture of them. They are going to be a lot of fun in a few weeks!

6. Mar 6, 2004 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

yeah, kittens are soooo cute!! Our cat went in labor in our kitchen once and we didn't even know she was pregnant! Three very cute kittens came out, of which we kept two.

At one time we also had unanticipated little bunnies, apparently the two bunnies wéren't both female.. at another time we had little ginnea pigs from a single female we had bought in the store we also had young hamsters at one time, and guppies (those tiny fish) and a few more litters of kittens.. yeah.. I live at a zoo.. did I mention we have 4 dogs?

We tried forever to get our two parrots to mate.. 6 years later or so we found out both are male so no luck there :wink:

7. Mar 6, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

lol my parents want to call them oriental names cos they are balinese, so i have suggested Tsunami to them!!

They are pretty adorable, and i will get some pictures of them soon, when i install the digital camera programmes to my laptop.

3 are female and 2 are male, and i am fully aware of all the cleaning up there is to do, we used to have 6 cats, so whats 3 more huh? Ill have to keep you guys posted on yonder kittens! so watch this space!

8. Mar 9, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

well the one cat we have named, Yumi, is ill cos she is the runt of the litter. We have to hand feed her and constantly keep her warm so that she doesnt shut down... its heartbreaking cos i have got quite attached to her..she is on my knee all wrapped up and on a heat pad right now..

Best of luck to her....

Oh yeah, the others are doing fine, other than a couple minor problems which get easily sorted...they are SO stupid sometimes.

ps. Yumi = Dream (japanese)

9. Mar 9, 2004 #8
    Kittens are cool but then they turn into cats and they suck.

My condolensces jimmyp i know how much u loved Yumi, may she rest in peace.

10. Mar 9, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

what is it now? an hour later since my last post? I regret to say that Yumi died on my lap... now there are four kittens. Even though she was only 3 days old i was REALLY attached, i wanted her to survive so badly. And i failed. Me and my mum just burst into tears

as Andy said, R.I.P Yumi...her coffin is an empty Toblerone tube.

11. Mar 9, 2004 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That is so sad, I am so sorry. At least you did all you could and the baby kitten felt that love. I know how painful it is, I've been through it.

12. Mar 9, 2004 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

I'm so sorry, sweetie. I feel so bad for you. But, like Evo said, at least she knew you loved her a lot. You showed her that just right. And please don't think that you failed at ANYthing! You know that these things just happen. :frown:

13. Mar 10, 2004 #12

jimmy p

Gold Member

hey thanx guys :smile:! I suppose i better just grit my teeth and make sure that the other 4 kitties are all right and that they make it ok!

14. Mar 10, 2004 #13
    I'm a fan of spaying and neutering. There are so many animals out there who do not get good homes, and yet we keeping increasing the populations.

15. Mar 11, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Evo and I are sending good vibes to you and your kitties, Chopnik. Keep us informed, OK?

16. Mar 13, 2004 #15

jimmy p

Gold Member

if the pictures werent so large i would send a few, will have to shrink em a bit, the kittens should be opening their eyes this weekend!!

17. Mar 13, 2004 #16

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They'll all have cute little blue eyes

18. Mar 13, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

actually you probably arent that far off, balinese cats do generally have blue eyes! they are all fat and cute and sleeping at the moment.

19. Mar 13, 2004 #18
    I agree.
    They are all great until the grow up.
    Just like puppies, babies and Catholic School Girls.

20. Mar 13, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

do they turn into cats too???

21. Mar 13, 2004 #20

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, as far as I know ALL kittens have blue eyes, they generally change color over time.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?