1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Word help needed

1. Dec 10, 2007 #1
    Suppose I have a couple of word documents.....and I collected all those files in a singe file...how do I do a numbering for each document to remain and not to account into total page numbering...what I mean suppose I have 2 procedures 3 and 5 pages respectively...if I unify this two files I will have 8 page document...but what if I want for first document to show "Page 1/3"...up to "page 3/3" and then on 4 th page it says "page 1/5"....up to "page 5/5" ...

I have many procedure each multiple sections and plenty of pages.....

can anybody help me
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2007 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I always have the page numbering in the footers. I do believe that if you insert a section break in the text, the next page will restart at 1. I'll see if I can't try it out to make sure.

EDIT: That seems to work for me. I went to Insert and then Break. I selected "Next Page" from the dialog box. It worked fine. The only thing is that it moved the heading to the next page. I am sure that there is a way to do that without moving the text to another page.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?